Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

ducklings can drown, the feathers can soak up water when they have not been oiled yet. The feathers are not oiled by themselves, they need to coat them and normally that is something the momma-duck does for the babies.

Many ducks don't fly :) and some on do just short flights

Ducks are very very social. They need light , clean air, company, and a flock. If they see you as part of the flock, they miss you and want to know you are ok. If they don't see you they are worried for you.
Yeah I know, I was just writing what my mom says. I understand it all.

Because they annoy them because “no one takes care of them” since it’s just the kids taking care of them, and we argue about whose turn it is. My mom also didn’t want any birds. Hopefully the arguing part will get solved, because I think it’ll be 2 of my siblings taking care of the dogs, me taking care of the ducks, and my sister taking care of the chicks. My mom also said wdym they could drown? What kind of duck can drown, doesn’t fly, and could get depressed when they’re alone?
If I'm honest it sounds like they themselves should've done more research
But they're very lucky they have you researching and telling them all this.
I'm an adult but I've had to battle my over controlling family when it comes to this kind of thing.
I'm "wrapping them in bubble wrap" for ensuring their house is predator proof. I "shouldn't feed them so much, and should just give them meals once or twice a day"
It surprises me sometimes how people who know very little feel the need to "educate" others who know more, lol

Not to sound disrespectful to your parents, just speaking my mind

I dont want to start a fight, but i choose goldens based on their personalities and now there breeder. Its the only dog that works for us. I have a opinion on doodles and im not going to say it, because it goes against BYC rules.

And that's great! Everyone should try to find the dog that matches their lifestyle and home, and for you that's Goldens! If more people did this and got dogs they could handle we would probably have way less dogs in shelters

I'm an adult but I've had to battle my over controlling family when it comes to this kind of thing.
I'm "wrapping them in bubble wrap" for ensuring their house is predator proof. I "shouldn't feed them so much, and should just give them meals once or twice a day"
It surprises me sometimes how people who know very little feel the need to "educate" others who know more, lol

My dad once watched a YT video and this guy actually only fed his chickens once a day, so my dad thinks that i should only feed them once a day and then give them any scrap food.

I dont want to start a fight, but i choose goldens based on their personalities and now there breeder. Its the only dog that works for us. I have a opinion on doodles and im not going to say it, because it goes against BYC rules.
Yeah, that’s why I didn’t want them, but we needed a “hypoallergenic” dog for my family because half are allergic. Also the bigger two were GOING TO be search and rescue dogs, but my dad never put in the work.

It’s true tho :oops:

And that's great! Everyone should try to find the dog that matches their lifestyle and home, and for you that's Goldens! If more people did this and got dogs they could handle we would probably have way less dogs in shelters
Yes i think we would. I would love to rescue dogs, but my home isnt suited for that yet.

Yeah, that’s why I didn’t want them, but we needed a “hypoallergenic” dog for my family because half are allergic. Also the bigger two were GOING TO be search and rescue dogs, but my dad never put in the work.

Honestly doodle do shed, so they arent hypoallergenic. And search snd rescue dogs take a lot of training. I havr did a bunch of training with my golden she could easily do it, but she doesnt bark.

Doodles aren't hypoallergenic. No dog is, for that matter. Some breeds trigger less allergens than others, but no dog is truly hypoallergenic. In addition, Goldens aren't at all hypoallergenic so a mix of those definitely doesn't produce a hypoallergenic dog

Honestly doodle do shed, so they arent hypoallergenic. And search snd rescue dogs take a lot of training. I havr did a bunch of training with my golden she could easily do it, but she doesnt bark.
Exactly. My dad got 2nd gen doodles to combat it, and they don’t shed, but I know the breeder wasn’t good. My boy that I chose is very smart, but he would probably be scared of going on things like wobbly platforms. They are all very cautious around things they think might fall.

Back
Top Bottom