Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

I feed my ducklings dumors' duckling food until they're in with the flock, and slowly wean them on to whatever the flock is eating, and give them extra treats at night when the chickens are asleep.. the flock used to eat flock raiser, until I found a local food source. I now have whole grain food that I grind and add poultry nutri-balancer in. (The ducks wont eat the whole grains if they're not ground). They still get extra treats at night, couple of times a week their treats have baker's yeast on it.

Also, hi guys. Been a while. I apparently am going through monsoon season, and I've had some flooding. My ducks are very happy with this change in their environment...
IMG_20230602_170942.jpg
IMG_20230602_134748.jpg
IMG_20230527_123104.jpg

On the downside, now that the majority of my property is a puddle, my ducks are exploring new areas.. like the horse pasture... Where they got stuck this evening.
... Turns out that they forgot how they got in (through the horse gate) and swam a few hundred yards away, and then tried to get out through a corner of the fence, which is not something they can get through. I got to go find them while it was pouring rain, as they were not in the front yard at bed time. I also found out that my snow boots are not appropriate foot wear while wading through a foot of water to guide the ducks to a gate....
... There was a gate about 50 feet away from where the ducks had found the corner... They swam away from it.
On the brightside, my ducks probably just had the time of their life...
The pictures are not from today. We've been flooding on and off for a couple of weeks. The entire flock was locked in the coop and run for a couple of days because of the storms. First day back out, and the ducks ditch me...

I’ve had the opposite, it’s tractor supply’s brand and a lot of the time I’ve found it to be old or low quality. Sometimes it’s alright though.
I am fortunate, we have a brand new Tractor Supply in our town and so far the Duck Feed and the brand Dumor has been good. My Ducks seem to like it better than the Purina flock raiser for some reason so I get it often as it has been available there.

Also, hi guys. Been a while. I apparently am going through monsoon season, and I've had some flooding. My ducks are very happy with this change in their environment...View attachment 3528269View attachment 3528271View attachment 3528272

On the downside, now that the majority of my property is a puddle, my ducks are exploring new areas.. like the horse pasture... Where they got stuck this evening.
... Turns out that they forgot how they got in (through the horse gate) and swam a few hundred yards away, and then tried to get out through a corner of the fence, which is not something they can get through. I got to go find them while it was pouring rain, as they were not in the front yard at bed time. I also found out that my snow boots are not appropriate foot wear while wading through a foot of water to guide the ducks to a gate....
... There was a gate about 50 feet away from where the ducks had found the corner... They swam away from it.
On the brightside, my ducks probably just had the time of their life...
The pictures are not from today. We've been flooding on and off for a couple of weeks. The entire flock was locked in the coop and run for a couple of days because of the storms. First day back out, and the ducks ditch me...
Sorry you have been getting so much rain. We on the other hand have not had any here in Ohio for a few weeks. We need some for sure. Hopefully yours will settle down and some but not that much will come our way.

Back
Top Bottom