Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My turkey couple

2. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    UM......................yeah the wind here is outrageous!! I won't get any pics until maybe early next week. I am on Drs orders to take it easy for a bit. So trudging through the snow with arctic wind for pictures, while sounds fun to me, is on the no no list for now. :) SOON though!!!

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Me either..
    I hope to catch the next Creamette eggs before they freeze is my day, that and coffee,

4. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I also need to repot a few plants and work on finishing those jewelry boxes for my nieces

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I want a hen that has your Tom's mottling.. Do you know the genetics for Porter's calculator for it?

6. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota

Wow! I like your coop. Now that you have all the kinks worked out, maybe you can swing in through here and we can throw one together for my little polish. :) But seriously it does look great!!

7. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Klop how are the sprouts going still?

8. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Wow that is awesome!

9. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I have fed out all of the sprouts I grew and the girls love them. I have been pondering out how to simplify the process and I should get that done today. thanks for reminding me! i have 2 garbage cans full of oats to use up this winter and it is good for the girls.

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I plan to work in the basement a bit. I am building more storage space (shelves) and making an area for incubating and brooding small feathered friends.

I am not get any of it done, my Nieces are here so I will have to spend some time with them entertaining and re-educating them to remove the harmful effects of a really liberal arts college. I might have to have them shoot a few rounds just to remind them what fun it is.

I am going to commandeer some plastic containers she just bought (still in a pack) and turn them into a fodder farm.....( however, she is still snippy about my simple breakfast request,) so I might wait to borrow and drill holes in them.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by