Surviving Minnesota!

I would love an Icelandic, but wouldn't want the comb for frostbite, are you going to try and breed the comb to cushion comb maybe? I think a bird called an icelandic should have a cusion comb,
wink.png

I will use him in my auto sexing project to make cushion combs . Pea + Rose = cushion . He most likely carries single comb also .

They were bred in Iceland by an older lady whos flock fended for them selves and had a shed and a few scraps from her kitchen each day.

Anyone try the Swedish Hedimora breed up there .
Those look really interesting, also, upon reading about those, I ran into these also from Sweden...

Bjurholmshöna with photos
google translate, no photos

found on the Hedemora thread here

I may have to one day get some of these, when they start selling them and the price comes down in a few years, My Grandma's last name was Bjurstrom and my Grandpa's (and mine until I got married) last name was Holm...Very fun!

I think @holm25 will need some as well!
wink.png

Last edited:
Another thought . Pin cherries . Mom used to make pin cherry jelly . Really good . I may have to plant some . I wonder if anyone ever tried to cross these with sour cherries . The romance series from Canada and Nortstar from University of Minnesota seem to use foreign species for hardiness .

Another thought . Pin cherries . Mom used to make pin cherry jelly . Really good . I may have to plant some . I wonder if anyone ever tried to cross these with sour cherries . The romance series from Canada and Nortstar from University of Minnesota seem to use foreign species for hardiness .
Well, you got me there, i've not heard of a pin cherry... ground cherries, yes, very tasty. Pin cherries? sorry, nope...

Those look really interesting, also, upon reading about those, I ran into these also from Sweden...

[COLOR=333333]Bjurholmshöna[/COLOR] with photos
google translate, no photos

found on the Hedemora thread here

I may have to one day get some of these, when they start selling them and the price comes down in a few years, My Grandma's last name was Bjurstrom and my Grandpa's (and mine until I got married) last name was Holm...Very fun!

I think @holm25
 will need some as well!  ;)  

Awesome!! My last name is Holm!! I have heard the last name Bjurstrom somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom