Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Here is my latest update.. I have quite a mixture of colours but I fear an unwanted number of cockerels..
View attachment 2225276View attachment 2225273View attachment 2225274
I see one for sure male and one maybe male. And a couple of those pullets have pinkish combs, but still look pretty pullet-ey to me.
On mine, I had one that I could have sworn was getting a pink comb early on, and feared it was a boy, but it ended up a pullet after all. The breeder had told me that her pullets “have some combs on them”! 😂
this is my SFH x LA, Ruthin, at 6 weeks old. I have my fingers crossed (1) it's a girl and (2) she'll lay blue eggs... she seems to have the pea comb :fl
View attachment 2228153
If the LA is a purebred Lavender Ameraucana, then you shouldn’t have to worry about that blue gene. It will be there. But I would expect her to lay a green egg, because the SFH should add a touch of cream.

I just got three Swedish Flower hen chicks about 9 weeks ago. They are so docile and sweet and the favorites among my family and flock. I will always try to keep some and memorialize their lives on film because they are so beautiful. I got my day old chicks from Meyer Hatchery.

Here are a few photos of mine..
IMG_2192.JPG
IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2271.JPG

Just wondering if a purebred Swedish Flower Hen can have green/willow legs or if that would definitely indicate a crossbred. Thanks for your expertise!
109A9F4B-03F0-494C-A483-EB8B4CBDFB42.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom