Sweet-Sad story

bbRedMom

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
Central Arkansas
I posted in BST that I need some chicks to keep my single Australopr company. His brother died yesterday, and I didn't get home until 10:00, so it was already cold out. I was worried about the shock of bringing him in from 35 degrees to 75 degrees, but I also worried about him being too cold by himself. The coof is wonderfully built, vell ventilated without drafts, but still...

So I took a chance. I grabbed my sweet rescue hen, Mary Jane. She will just about let you anything to her. I carefully put them in the nesting box together. Now Mary Jane is a dark cornish bantam, and a small one at that. Chicky poo is a 5 week out B.A. He's half her size. I was just hoping they would snuggle out of necessity.

Nope. She pecked him on the head, stood up, and moved him under her body. Of course, his back half was still sticking out, but they both went to sleep immediately. Did my heart good. Warm fuzzy and all that. I think this will work until I secure some new brothers and sisters. And now I know I have a good surrogate hen.

Just wanted to give y'alls day some happiness like mine. Thanks!

That is sweet. Thanks for sharing.
hugs.gif

Oh that is too sweet! My dark cornish had her BFF sleep up under her wing every night, too. I love my cornish!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom