Terrie's Mexican Family Recipes

Terrie,

Thanks for posting! I've been dying to try my hand at tamales for a long time. I'll invite some friends over for a party and we'll make some sometime!

wee.gif

Quote:
Parchment paper will work. Or there must be an online source for husks. Hmm.

I lived in Biloxi MS in the summer of '82. The only corn tortillas I could find were canned. In lime water brine.
sickbyc.gif

Ok, so I'm late- but I remember those canned corn tortillas! I was in college here in SC, and started dating a fellow from TX- he was shocked and appalled by those tortillas, but it was all that was available.
Round, flat can from Old El Paso, opened with a key, like sardine cans. After I moved to TX I knew why he was appalled!

Terrie, this is so fun! Thanks for all the recipes!
bow.gif

droolin.gif

Why does this dang thread keep popping up??

I know darnit!!! I have to make some of these recipes but please
stop abusing me. I only have so much time.

rant.gif

TL, I'm booking my flight.
tongue.png

Wellk, Terrie, this is one I will have to make for sure! Like I told you, I never cared for Mexican food but my only experience had been fast food but the restaurant we ate at Sat. was awesome. I can't wait to go back. Thanks so much for sharing these recipes!
droolin.gif

every sunday is mexican here.. i am from so. calif so we ate it alot.. still can't find it here.. when you ask they all say yes we love taco bell mexican food.. what a riot lol . glad you like the rockin robbin site.. she has some good recipes too .. just like terrilacy does
wink.png

The Mexican recipe I am looking for is called "red snapper nopalitos". I used to always order it in a restaurant in California (1000 miles away from me now) and I CRAVE eating it.
They served the snapper steamed I think in a little chicken broth with lemon and a little cilantro, but with it was a traditional mexican vegetable dish with scrambled egg, something red (tomato?) and nopale cactus.
I loved this dish and would like to try to make it.
Anyone have an idea for me? Terrie?

Back
Top Bottom