The adventures of Barbara (BR)

I don't know how I missed this thread, 43 pages of great stories - I'll follow it now!
smile.png

Every day I check frequently to see what Barbara has been up to! Thanks, Mrs. Chickendad!!

I'm not sure how to quote, but

Mrs. Chickendad wrote:

Deck the porch with chicken droppings,
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Tis the reason to be hopping,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Dodge we now our poultry poopers,
Fa la la, la la la, la la la.
While we tread among the goobers,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Are there more verses?​

Brrrrrr

The Food Lady brought a magic bag out to the coop. Grapes! The girls all crowded around and squabbled over them. Wendy and Wanda hopped up on her lap and gobbled grapes as fast as they could. When the grapes ran out, Wendy moved over to the roost and decorated Hot Stuff’s back when he walked under her. Hot Stuff didn’t notice all that much, as Wendy’s aim was perfectly centered, so he couldn’t see it.

12082_hot_stuff_poopy.jpg

The Food Lady opened up the coop door to let everyone out. Whaaaaa? White stuff! It was cold and white and covered up the girls’ toes. Barbara and Leroy (he of the fluffy feet) ran off to the spruce tree for safety, but the white stuff was everywhere. Maybe this really was freezer camp!

12082_barb_leroy_snow.jpg

Barbara and Leroy spent about 30 seconds pecking around under the snowy tree until they decided to run right back to the warm coop. They made one set of tracks out to the tree and one set of tracks back. When your feet get cold, you are cold all over.

12082_barb_leroy_to_coop.jpg

The Little Chickie Boys

The year before Barbara and Leroy were hatched, the Food People had two little Chickie Boys who needed a new home. The buff and blue cochin boys went to live with an assortment of other animals where they got lots of treats and attention.

The Chickie Boys were taken to their new home by way of a friend of the Food Lady (The Music Lady) who was going to choir practice where she would meet up with their new owner there. The Music Lady took the crate of Chickie Boys into the church and into the pastor’s study, where he kindly performed the Blessing of the Animals, in honor of St. Francis Day which was coming up soon. The priest dubbed them Foghorn and Leghorn, as he is not a Chicken Man, apparently.

After the ceremony, the Chickie Boys went to choir practice and enjoyed the music. The Music Lady said they enjoyed it so much that they chimed in crowing every time the music stopped. Apparently they charmed the choir, but I do not think they will be invited back for a performance.

That's cute! The closest I've ever come to bringing my chickens to church was once when the power went out at home, I had my incubator in the pastor's office. (The pastor is my DH.
smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom