The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Hello everyone, I’m guessing I don’t have any pure Americanas, since I just bought the Americana/Easter egger chicks from the local feed store, and I’ve heard they are almost always Easter eggers, but I just wanted to know what makes Americanas…. Americanas! How are Easter eggers different, and how can I tell? What are their specific unique traits that will help me differentiate? The ones I got are still tiny chicks so idek if it’s possible to tell now, just curious since I’ve been in love with the breed forever. I just love how they look and their big eyes and cheek puffs and their colorful eggs!

@EmmaRainboe where's your link? 😊
:D

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Intro = = = = = = = = = = = 🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔 @TheOddOneOut is the only other person who I have seen touch on this subject. A link to her thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...hink-you-have-an-ameraucana-do-check.1421663/ She goes through all the basics. I wanted to go a bit...

I just posted this in the ID thread, but will post it here now, since y'all are Ameraucana aficionados (and hope to delete the other thread). She is 3 weeks old. Ameraucana?
ameraucana.jpg

Back
Top Bottom