The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
@nicalandia can you get mauve with dun + blue, or is it only with chocolate + blue? Is it safe to assume that a "mauve" Orpington has sex-linked chocolate rather than dun?

Dun I^d/i+ + Bl/bl+ will give you "Platinum" Which is Identical to Mauve in shade, the common denominator is Blue which has a profound effect on Self Black birds and does not allow a full blend of the colors. On other background the Platinum and Mauve look spectacular when blended.

Most Mauve that you will see are females based on Extended Black, I have not seen a Mauve male because most are just F1 birds, People have not made the effort to lock in the feature which should not be difficult at all. F1 Mauve hen crossed back to Chocolate Rooster will give you 50% Mauve of both gender.
Thanks to both of you! This helps me a lot, mauve seems to be a more difficult thing for me to grasp 😆 The breeder has worked on her mauve birds for awhile. She has chocolate, mauve and mauve splash of both sexes as breeding groups. Does seeing them help get more specific? 😁

Dad
3C314FBB-F4BB-491E-A4CC-FE801A7F580C.jpeg

Mom
1E348161-C9BC-47DB-9303-EB2B881B296D.jpeg

Hi all. Wondering what colors I will get with Silver Laced Orp Roo over a Buff Orp and over a Chocolate Silver Laced Orp? The chocolate will just produce a normal silver laced right?
Silver Laced (=Black Laced Silver) male, Chocolate Laced Silver female, yes you will get normal-looking silver laced chicks. The sons will carry the chocolate gene, but the daughters will not.

Silver Laced male, Buff female, you will get chicks with a lot of silver on them and some amount of black markings. They will not be nicely laced, and the "silver" may look yellowish or have patches of red. The sons will carry the gold gene (part of why their "silver" won't look good), but the daughters will not.

Silver Laced (=Black Laced Silver) male, Chocolate Laced Silver female, yes you will get normal-looking silver laced chicks. The sons will carry the chocolate gene, but the daughters will not.

Silver Laced male, Buff female, you will get chicks with a lot of silver on them and some amount of black markings. They will not be nicely laced, and the "silver" may look yellowish or have patches of red. The sons will carry the gold gene (part of why their "silver" won't look good), but the daughters will not.
Thank you so much! Your time is greatly appreciated.

What color is this? Parents are My Projects so they’d be Brown red jap x Mille Fleur. This mix crossed together. Is it pybald?

Attachments

• 688472AA-CED0-4315-84ED-0F16CD95861E.jpeg
    688472AA-CED0-4315-84ED-0F16CD95861E.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 3
  • ECAA7C41-1F66-4DBE-B2E2-CE856C385EDD.jpeg
    ECAA7C41-1F66-4DBE-B2E2-CE856C385EDD.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 3
  • 3277F5A7-4109-4A18-8C6E-D2BA4EED1947.jpeg
    3277F5A7-4109-4A18-8C6E-D2BA4EED1947.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom