~The Cluckmazing Chat Thread~

TheChiggens

The Cluckmazing Guy
Jul 7, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
For all of you who love reading the daily facts, I thought I'd make a thread where you can ask questions. Share info etc. And we can just use the other thread for daily facts!

Also, feel free just to talk about everyday life. It's up to you! If you don't read the facts still join in!

So ill start the convsation.
Any card games. Games you like to play?

I love playing a board game called Catan
And solitaire is always fun too!
I found this game at a thrift store and liked it so much I found more On EBay to give as gifts. It's called German Roulette. One of the EBay games was called Alpen Roulette, and is slightly different. I think the picture is self explanatory, you spin the top, causing balls to hopefully land in the holes. Red ball is worth double.
IMG_20191223_053505_kindlephoto-463168189.jpg

Happy New Year! Hopefully, you all made it through the night! I did! I was in bed at 11:00pm. I've seen enough rockets flying and heard enough loud bangs, so I went off to bed. Resolutions? What is that? Oh, that's where you lie to yourself for a few days and go back to your old ways. Nope, gave up lying to myself a long time ago. But I do like @TheChiggens ideal of being more active on BYC!

I have to report that my hens did survive the night. They were restless, but quite, or so says my wife. I on the other hand, beg to differ.....I found 3 eggs this morning instead of the normal 2! So all the fireworks and firecrackers must have scared it out of one of them.

Wishing you all the very best in 2020!

My New Year's Resolution was to...uh...be a better person? I didn't really give myself the time to think about it tbh. But I had a lot of fun, we saw Little Women in the theater, and had family friends over to play games. We played Nertz, one of my favorite games, which is like solitaire but fast. And then we played left, right, center, which is a gambling game of luck...my sister won all the dimes. :D
We also launched lanterns in our field. One of them got caught in a tree and for a minute I was afraid it would burn down the forest but the lantern freed itself and came back down, and then we kids caught it and stomped on it until the embers went out. :) Very fun night.
Now that I think on it, being more responsible AND being on BYC more are both good resolutions I could have!

WOW! German roulette? Never heard of it and I live here! I even asked my father-in-law and neither had he!
I love playing card games with my kids, family and friends. I play alot of Cribbage with my daughter, it was a way for her to learn to count quickly, but now she wins 7 out of 10 games. We also enjoy Uno, Skipbo and a rummy game that we know as Russian Rummy. Russian rummy, is now a "complete" family game. Meaning, I taught my wife's cousins (wives & husbands) how to play. It is now a family tradition to play during the Christmas holidays. In fact, we are playing tomorrow (26th) with about 9 players.
I just wished I had someone to play Euchre with me! Chest is also a family favorite....but we modified it so that the whole family plays....someone will set up a game in the hallway, and whenever someone walks by the table, they may move a piece, does not matter what color either. So here we are 5 people playing and it will last for weeks!

Hey, @TheChiggens, facts 48 and 49 seem to contradict each other!:hmm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
I have read that chickens can't taste spicy. An old wives' tale says if you put cayenne in their food they will lay in the winter. I tried it one winter. They didn't seem to notice the spiciness, but they didn't lay more either.

Back
Top Bottom