Yep. Reduction in any form counts as it's less mouths to feed
I've got 4 more males to process, and 5 to move along next spring when people are looking for boys here since they're too mice to cull (and one is just waiting for her boyfriend to build a coop for a male, she's getting some girls from me next spring too)

I've got 4 more males to process, and 5 to move along next spring when people are looking for boys here since they're too mice to cull (and one is just waiting for her boyfriend to build a coop for a male, she's getting some girls from me next spring too)
Next year I'm hoping to start raising meat birds. I currently have four Cornish X but they were an accident and now I'm attached to them

I have 18 chickens total, one is a cockerel and two are chicks (sex to be determined). Also 13 guineas.
I only plan on adding to the flock if some pass away, which is likely since I exclusively free range.
Mine are all free range but I've only lost 3 to predators. There's TONS of hawks in my area so I've been making wood piles around the yard for them to hide in

Mine are all free range but I've only lost 3 to predators. There's TONS of hawks in my area so I've been making wood piles around the yard for them to hide in
We have a lot of woods, and my neighbor has sent me pictures from his game cameras where he has seen coyotes and bobcats. I lost four guineas and one chicken this summer.
Now the guineas don't go in the woods, and I fenced off the woods directly behind the coop so the chickens don't go back there anymore. I haven't had any losses since setting up that fence.

Back
Top Bottom