The DUMBEST thing I've ever heard somebody say about Chickens...READ!

Matthew3590 wrote:
We went to a reptile place and the man showed us turtles. One boy one girl. I couldn't tell them a part cause I couldn't see any genitals so I asked the man how he knew and he had the nerve to tell me to ask my parents. As if they know how to sex turtles.

x2
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
I have degrees in biology, business, math and engineering but don't have a clue what I learned in the 8th grade. The only thing you REALLY learn in school here is discipline. It's just like the military, or a job.

I'm sorry Jenny, but I have to disagree with you. This is not a matter of what was educated in school or not, but rather a matter of who chose to learn and who chose not to, and that I'm afraid is everywhere (or in any country). I have relatives in Sibiu (Romania), a place with beautiful mountains and countryside. As a child I spent every summer there with my relatives who raised sheep, and believe me, I have heard things much more ignorant than this.

Quote:
I have degrees in biology, business, math and engineering but don't have a clue what I learned in the 8th grade. The only thing you REALLY learn in school here is discipline. It's just like the military, or a job.

I'm sorry Jenny, but I have to disagree with you. This is not a matter of what was educated in school or not, but rather a matter of who chose to learn and who chose not to, and that I'm afraid is everywhere (or in any country). I have relatives in Sibiu (Romania), a place with beautiful mountains and countryside. As a child I spent every summer there with my relatives who raised sheep, and believe me, I have heard things much more ignorant than this.

Biology
Zoology
Chemistry
(no art anymore to speak of
sad.png
)
Sports Medicine and First Aid (no CPR, no certificate)
Algebra
Euclid Geometry
Statistics
Intro to Trigonometry, Intro to Calculus.
English
US History (up till WWII - I guess none of that newer stuff is history yet)
Current events (only what was in the papers, anything in last weeks paper was not 'current')
["foreign language" as long as its Latin, French or Spanish...)

I as from the city and the whole farming thing was new and exciting. I can say with some embarrassing fact that I had a few things wrong. I thought chickens like some other male animals sprayed the eggs to fertilize them. To my surprise that was not the case after the 4 roosters became very rough with my hens. Us city folk… Now after several years and many types of farm animals it’s all good. Thought all of you would get a chuckle I still get one when I thank back.
lol.png

Quote:

i very much agree with you. but i also am sure those stupid things you've heard were not about common, basic things like where the eggs come from, where the milk comes from and such. who doesn't know that you have to keep the males and the females together in order to get fertile eggs? (sibiu area is an wonderful area. i have a piece of land at porumbacu de sus)

To the OP I apologies for the off the topic reply.
hide.gif

To Jenny- I use to visit Cacova, Fantanele and in Sibiu. Mostly Cacova. I so much loved those mountains views and the smell of hay as a child. I remember the creek that was running right underneath my bedroom window, literally inches from the house
love.gif

Just last week a man and his family stopped by to purchase some eggs from me. They were new egg customers, and wanted to see my laying flock. I keep my big Light Brahma rooster "Rudy" outside of the hens lot unless I am breeding for new chicks. Rudy stays outside of the fence with "Goldie" a large buff orpington. They both hang out with Suzie, my 14 year old border collie, lab mix. The man saw Rudy and said "Your Rooster seems concerned that he can't be with the hens." I really didn't even know what to say!
roll.png

Later the more I thought about it the dumber it seemed. "Sure he's concerned, (I thought) He'd rather be in the lot picking all the feathers off of my hens!"

I guess ol' Rudy will just have to see a therapist.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom