The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

I'm at home recovering. Go back Thursday for him to remove the bandage and check it. A week afterward, barring complications, he'll remove the staples. I'll never make it through a metal detector again.
Cheryl, LOVE your sig line. Exactly. Insanity.

My cousin has a bunch of metal rods, pins, screws, and various other hardware in her back. She says the same thing about never again being able to go through metal detectors. She also swears her doctor has stock in Home Depot, and it's his mission to make sure all his patients support them.

Bad night. I'm still in shock. She just called me last week to tell me that her elderly neighbor in Ky had passed away, a super nice lady who I had given chickens to several times. Mrs. Clemons was in her late 80's, I think. And now Ladyhawk is gone. She is the person who created that beaded masterpiece with over 30,000 beads of my Blue Orpington rooster, Suede, for me. She even brain-tanned the deer hide it is sewn into, which was their home business. Talented lady and a huge loss. We had some bumps in our relationship due to that husband of hers going off the rails, but we got over it. Sigh. Nothing to be done but accept it and keep the good memories, like her sitting on the built in bench outside my kitchen door with big old blue Suede on her lap, feeding him blueberry muffins. He was in heaven, being babied like that. And so was she.
This was one of her best threads. Sadly, Lancelot, the rooster in this thread, outlived her. He is still kicking at 11 1/2 years old, though she had to give up her chickens years ago because of her abusive husband. I'd ask from time to time if old Lance was still alive. She always kept up with how he was doing at the farm he ended up on. Why Have a Rooster?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom