The FLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just tried the vanilla air fresheners trick, and I went from tons of flies in the coop, to no flies in the coop. I'm pleased with this solution. Cheap and simple.
lol.png

Hi; I shop for bulk foods online and this company has DE (among other great things!) Bulkfoods.com They have cheap shipping for orders over $75, so I order "heavy" products that are way cheaper than the health food store. And, no sales tax (Arkansas taxes food).

Im suffering so! We board horses...never had flies til the horses showed up. Now its like Amityville here. I got 2 traps yesterday but Im so excited about Vanilla air fresheners. Ill use them IN the house and Ill get some DE too. I love BYC!

Last year we used only the vanilla trees and they absolutely kept the flies out of the coop completely. This year, the flies are landing on them!
hmm.png

I purchased some of the Air Wick automatic air fresheners that spray every so often. Then I purchased the Country Vet fly spray cans at TSC, exchanged the tips from the cans of air freshener cans and put them on the fly spray cans.

I have one in each coop and they spray a burst of the fly spray every 18 minutes. It has almost completely eliminated the flies in the coops. I also use the "stink bags"...about 40 feet behind the coop to draw the flies away from the coops. We have also been spraying the runs with pyrethrin spray a few times a week.

I think we finally have the fly problem under control!!
big_smile.png

I'm using deep litter in the coop, and don't have a problem there. It's the run that's the problem. We have 6 chickens in a 15' x 20' run, and the flies are in there like crazy.
I just ordered 3 months worth of fly predators. We'll see how those handle the problem.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom