the Halloween/birthday party is over *pic heavy

Pelican49

Songster
11 Years
Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
It was fun, but tiring and I'm glad it's over. My Grandson's b'day is November 3rd, but the weekend before is Halloween and everyone has things to do. So this year, for his 5th birthday we decided to just let him invite his pre-K class and make it Halloween themed. Since we're kinda far out I didn't expect to have more than a few show up. Did I get fooled! 13 kids and each had an adult with them. One kid had 3, both parents and a Grandma. I think that's excessive, but I did put on the invitation that we'd be serving lunch. LOL.

Since my little house in the sticks is less than 1,000 square feet (traded from a big house with a yard to a little house with acreage. Good decision), we'd planned on having most things outside. It was in the upper 60s, but it rained and blew all day, in staying with the Halloween theme I guess. So we had to scrap the scavenger hunt. One little girl spent most of the party standing by the brooder staring at the chicks. She was very good and didn't touch, just looked.

Anyway... the kids seemed to have a very good time and I thought I'd include some pictures of what we did.

The birthday boy playing "pin the tail on the cat". His ghost costume was in his way, so he took it off.
100_2221.jpg

The menu;
Mummy dogs
mummyhotdogs.jpg

pumpkin sandwiches (baloney & cheese)
100_2222.jpg

ghost sandwiches (egg salad)
100_2223.jpg

don't know if you can see it, but there's an ice hand in the punch, which gots ewwws from the girls and coooools from the boys
100_2234.jpg

instead of a cake we had monster cupcakes (very time consuming to make I might add). This is them on their display
100_2224.jpg

And these are closeups of the cupcakes
100_2215.jpg

100_2214.jpg

100_2212.jpg

100_2211.jpg

There was also a cold pasta salad made with colored wacky mac, chips and a relish tray.

This coming Wednesday night is trunk 'N treat at my daughter's church, Friday we're going to Hallowzooeen and then Halloween night, Trick or treating. Busy week.

looks like lots of fun!
wee.gif

I'm making some monster cupcakes for my dd's 6th grade bingo night on Tuesday. Got the idea from Taste of Home - I might just use some of your ideas too! We made the cupcakes today and they are in the freezer waiting to be decorated.

bet you're tired though....
th.gif

Wow! Somebody worked their fanny off for this party! Love the mummy dogs and the ice hand!

so talented!! love all the pictures!! great idears!!! i especially think the hand ice scultpure came out the best!!!! thanks for sharing!
wee.gif

Pelican, I remember the planning stages you posted, it turned out GREAT! Wow, what a lot of work, well done Grandma!
thumbsup.gif

Marth Stewart's got nothing on you!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom