The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Hey... I am pleased to announce the English chocolate Bantams from the eggs Don sent me are now LAYING... boy it sure don't take them long.. lol Soo Piglet..yes you are probably going to have chicks out of your black pullets sired by the roo you got from me very soon.. lol
i put a not laying black britt pullet who we hatched early this spring in with that chocolate boy to be sure that i only get eggs with him being their daddy
my 2 adult blacks have been with Trever my young splash rooster for a while now
i'm almost sure that he has been spending some "quality time with them"

piglett

Nice boy !I'd love to see a side shot of him. Yippee ! I can even see his feet . He looks like he will fit the UK standard.

Here is a side shot of him from a while back

His crop is full so he doesn't look as round as he could be. He is definitely British standard, we don't get roadrunners here.

Last edited:
hee hee..beep beep..I don't see many roadrunners here either..Im still laughing over that article....the US judge asked the brit and aussie judge why do your birds look like a cochin?...the aussi judge said I don't know, why do your birds look like a roadrunner?...
sometimes people cant see their own shortcomings or think they don't have any..that kind of set things straight about what people really think..shoot from the hip humor about what fresh eyes were seeing about each others birds...

I will try to pull that article up and put it in here..I have about 300 copies of different articles saved , often don't caption them .. so it will be tough to dig out..I should put a note on interesting stuff like that..and the article the silver quill about white orp.

Last edited:
I am looking around everywhere for some nice hens to buy for him, the hen I bought him with has a very bad shape, her cushion is far too big and she is too small so she was put in with the layers. Good buff hens are very hard to find in Ireland because there are a lot of breeders crossing them to Cochins. I am probably going to get them from England now but I am still having trouble sourcing a good breeder.

I need a picture of my hatchery roadrunners. The hatchery BOs do most certainly look that way! Well most of them. My "Big Girl" from a hatchery is actually closer to the standard than most. But the other two.. yeah, roadrunners. Must find batteries for my camera!!

I have the weekend off and was able to catch up...well kinda. Too many posts since I've been here
big_smile.png

You all hadn't seen any updates lately of my first generation. This picture is of two my youngest -5 month olds. They are very slowly getting their tails. Their mom was 8 months old before she decided she needed one! This generation I improved size... but...

I believe I am growing bowling balls instead of birds. (Max's fault.) These two are GFF x Heirloom Orps

This is their dad at nine months old. (I've now removed his leg band btw)

It was in one of the poultry mags , pretty sure it was exhibition poultry mag..I saved it in e reader but have about 300 issues ..didn't tag it so have to dig to find it..Might have been in poultry press too, a discussion between international judges..when the word to describe American buff orps as roadrunner came up..I couldn't stop laughing....not really funny but then it is because with all of the cochin insults flying around..it was the first time I heard someone shoot back at them...yours look like a cochin, no yours look like a roadrunner..hee hee

Last edited:
I have the weekend off and was able to catch up...well kinda. Too many posts since I've been here
big_smile.png

You all hadn't seen any updates lately of my first generation. This picture is of two my youngest -5 month olds. They are very slowly getting their tails. Their mom was 8 months old before she decided she needed one! This generation I improved size... but...

I believe I am growing bowling balls instead of birds. (Max's fault.) These two are GFF x Heirloom Orps

This is their dad at nine months old. (I've now removed his leg band btw)

Wow Dee! I can really see a difference already.. Fantastic..and yes they do look like bowling balls..in such a good way..nice job..

Back
Top Bottom