The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Did a quick look on ebay...these look very nice...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PURE-EN...981978?hash=item1f15a2e05a:g:YkIAAOSwJhZeC588

And Kentucky isn't too far from Illinois...
I've seen those and thought about it on/off all spring. In the past I have purchased eggs and then picked them up in person on the way home from a vacation. Covid prevented that this year. Thankfully, Cookie is still going strong. I just worry because her eggs are so thin shelled. I prefer it when she's broody, so I don't have to worry as much.

Wow that's an interesting color. Is it a project of yours?

Of course, I wish you lived closer. I'd love to hatch some English Bantam orps - any color really. My little Cookie is getting old and I just can't imagine my flock without an adorable, spoiled, perpetually broody, little, round orp hen with BIG personality.

I've seen a few 'bantam orps' in hatcheries, but they don't have the round appearance like the English.
I'm going to be selling eggs next year. It's a project color of a guy in Kentucky. He has bantam silver birchen eggs too, I just ordered more. He's on ebay. Excellent seller!

The latest slo hatchlings. I think the one on the right with thhe grumpy look might be a boy.....
20200901_183141.jpg
20200901_182933.jpg

And yesterday i got my first fart egg from one of my seramas. It is 1.5 cm across and 1.85 cm tall. Of course i cracked it and dropped a regular serama egg coming in the door. Then I dropped the spitz egg trying to take the picture. 🙄
From left to right- fart egg, serama, spitz and leghorn.
20200901_175012.jpg

The latest slo hatchlings. I think the one on the right with thhe grumpy look might be a boy.....
View attachment 2317909View attachment 2317910
And yesterday i got my first fart egg from one of my seramas. It is 1.5 cm across and 1.85 cm tall. Of course i cracked it and dropped a regular serama egg coming in the door. Then I dropped the spitz egg trying to take the picture. 🙄
From left to right- fart egg, serama, spitz and leghorn.
View attachment 2317913

That egg speck is pretty cute.

Your orp pic reminds me of this pair. Looking back, I can see the differences at 2 days old. I hope you have the same luck.

Left: Mr Wonderful Right: Crystal
IMG_2561.jpg

At 4 weeks, the shape, feather growth, and wattles told me their genders.
Left: Female Right: Male
Sil Laced 2stand.jpg

I sold this pretty girl a few days ago.

Jewel was technically still mothering this pullet and her brother, but I had a lady waiting for a couple months for a laced orp. it's sad to see this one go, but also great to know she's going to a good home where she'll be very, very spoiled.

Meet "Ursula"
IMG_5247 (3).JPG
IMG_5243 (2).JPG

Now what to do with the cockerel......

Well, we know where he may be going depending on what my chicks are....
Yes I was debating a rooster trade. Exchange one of my laced boys for one of you gorgeous blk/lav splits. I pick mine up every night to carry them to bed. Yours make such funny noises when picked up! I’d probably be laughing all the way to their garage cage.

Counting all the confirmed and suspected male chicks, I think we have about 5 .I’ve got both blue and black SLOS, so you’ll even have a good selection. Of course the chances of you not hatching any males is slim to none.

Back
Top Bottom