The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

There are obviously other GL breeders here in the US. They're not as obsessed or more private
big_smile.png
since I never really seem to hear from them. They too could be seeing the cinnamon gold chicks! I would love to know the percentage!

I won't be hatching out but a few this Winter so I feel very fortunate to have those that have hatched!

Some of us are far more obsessed, but more private..........been working with EGLO for some time now. :) Have several breeding pens set up with several breeding groups, along with several upcoming projects. 2013 will be a great year for all English Orps here at the Ranch. :)

Some of us are far more obsessed, but more private..........been working with EGLO for some time now. :) Have several breeding pens set up with several breeding groups, along with several upcoming projects. 2013 will be a great year for all English Orps here at the Ranch. :)

Warbirds! Great to see that you have the Gold Laced. Checked out your site. Are they Gold Laced Blue? How long have you been "far more obsessed"?

Last edited:
Warbirds! Great to see that you have the Gold Laced. Checked out your site. Are they Gold Laced Blue? How long have you been "far more obsessed"?

I have both black and blue (blues need a lot of work yet!) Gold Laced, along with other projects that are being kept quiet for the time being as they are far from where they will be, just beginning stages. ;)
Been obsessed since I laid eyes on photos of them in European books/mags a couple of decades ago. Therefore quite thrilled to have accessed them here (US) and be able to be working with them. They are just so hard to quit staring at!! :)

Doc

I have both black and blue (blues need a lot of work yet!) Gold Laced, along with other projects that are being kept quiet for the time being as they are far from where they will be, just beginning stages. ;)
Been obsessed since I laid eyes on photos of them in European books/mags a couple of decades ago. Therefore quite thrilled to have accessed them here (US) and be able to be working with them. They are just so hard to quit staring at!! :)

Doc

I thought I saw some Gold Laced Blues in the pictures. Not sure I spotted any GL Blacks. Totally understand how captivating they are! Where did you get your breeder stock? Are you breeding towards the Eng type or SOP? They've only been recognized as a variety in Germany since '72, so you've been admiring them since their infancy sort of speak.

Everyone in this forum knows, I'm not the "keeping - quiet" type! LOL Too much drama in my backyard to keep to myself. I can speak volumes for both of us. No worries. Best of luck to you.

I was just curious as to the start of a crele project. I have seen it suggested that one would take a cuckoo roo over partridge hen and I am beginning to think it should be the other way around. Partridge roo over cuckoo hens I feel would be a better choice. I am sure you all are familiar with the chicken calculator by now, it among other findings has me leaning toward Partridge over Cuckoo. Please feel free to do the cross on the calculator yourself you'll find that Cuckoo over Partridge will never yield any ( black patterned gold duckwing barred males ) only yellow/gold duckwing barred. The Partridge over Cuckoo will yield black patterned gold duckwing barred in both male and female. A true crele will always display the duckwing pattern in the roo's

http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

Hi there! Your avatar threw me, how cute!
smile.png
My thoughts with the Partridge roo over the Cuckoo hen is that the hen can only possess one barring gene so you would yield few bared chicks, if any. I believe you would need to breed to a double barred roo but I will ask my friend who has done it. Any thoughts from anyone else? I have tried to use the chicken calculator in the past but it hasn't been real reliable (I think it is just for fun
idunno.gif
). I'll do some research and post more later.

oldorchardfarms, cuteness!! Love the babies. I saw talk of GL and my mind couldn't focus. Congratulations on the babies. Are those eggs with them due to hatch also? That is a very big Hatcher set-up!

Back
Top Bottom