The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Another nice day today (cold but pretty
smile.png
). An open gate and sunshine was all it took to coax them outside
big_smile.png
I posted pics of the big boy yesterday (and the little boys) but here are a few with his girls.

He thinks he's a super model .......
lau.gif

And a black pair

As always Nellie, lovely birds, in great condition.

Thank you Vickie, I did not get a chance to take pics of the little pullets from these parents but they are soooo pretty. I have been so thrilled about getting some delaware little boys and I have kinda just been letting the pullets grow
big_smile.png
. I will try to get some new pics of the pullets, they are always prettier than the little boys at this age, with their full skirts
love.gif
. This dad has really added nice type.

I was a little afraid of losing the columbian markings on them by using the lemon cuckoo rooster but Jeremy assured me I would not and he was right (as always.....
lol.png
)

Quote: X3

I have new pics of the Buff Delaware crew
wee.gif
Finally we got boys! The issue with the boys was we started out with White Delaware Orps covered by a buff roo to produce Buff Delaware Orps. But genetically that combination will only produce Buff Delaware girls. So then we had to go with a lemon cuckoo roo over the Buff Delaware girls to get some boys. We can finally see that they have the Columbian gene
celebrate.gif
. Two double barred boys and one single barred so far have the gene (Buff Delaware is actually Lemon Cuckoo Columbian). We can 't tell till they feather out at about 4-6 weeks old.
As they mature and get their adult feathers the black around their neck will darken.

One of the moms
(Delaware Orp)

And Dad
(lemon cuckoo)

And the baby boys
Single barred versus double barred males (single in the middle
smile.png
)
x

To the untrained eye they just look like lemon cuckoo
wink.png

But if you look really close you can see it .......
lol.png
I see it I see it!!!

Very nice typy male!!

Quote: lol..as always

Back
Top Bottom