The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Hen or roo?

Bottom two are cockerels, top one probably a pullet but cant see the comb.

Sorry it double posted

Thanks so much I have five that have short tails like the top one and three like the bottoms two! :D

good deal, pullets are always good, but if I understand from the other post you bought these and the person that sold them to you cant remember if they are lav splits or bbs chicks. its important to know this if you are breeding and you sell any eggs or chicks to someone. colors and patterns should be kept track of and not sold without knowing what they are, it causes unwanted issues to pop up down the road, I personally would not want to buy black chicks and find out later they were actually lavender splits, it would ruin my entire breeding program...

good deal, pullets are always good, but if I understand from the other post you bought these and the person that sold them to you cant remember if they are lav splits or bbs chicks. its important to know this if you are breeding and you sell any eggs or chicks to someone. colors and patterns should be kept track of and not sold without knowing what they are, it causes unwanted issues to pop up down the road, I personally would not want to buy black chicks and find out later they were actually lavender splits, it would ruin my entire breeding program...

That's what I'm afraid of but I'll post pics when fully grown and I'll let y'all decided! One of the Roos have a little white in his tail feathers!?! :/

See the white?

That's what I'm afraid of but I'll post pics when fully grown and I'll let y'all decided! One of the Roos have a little white in his tail feathers!?! :/

Last edited:
See the white?

yeah thats kind of normal, it will go away as they mature. the blacks on occasion have white wing tips or a feather here and there tipped in white, when they get their adult feathers it usually goes away. nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom