The Legbar Thread!

I bought a quad of Cream Crested Legbars on Saturday. This is an egg laid by one of the hens yesterday.

It is so neat to hear people who aren't familiar with the breed express surprise at how beautiful they are -- we kind of forget over the years and tune in to any flaws that they may have....lol
Ya...in March I took three 6 month old pullets and a 12 month old Splash Bread to the "Chickens I the Library" even held in Austin, Texas. We had our mini poultry show going on with 5-6 members of the Austin Backyard chickens Meet-up group each bringing 2-3 breeds for display. The man sitting next to my with a trio of Russian Orloffs (that I fell in love with) commented to me as things were winding down that the Cream Legbars with biggest hit of the day. I was surprised because I was so impressed by all the birds that were there. We really do take for granite what we have a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Congrats! That is a very pretty egg.

Very nice Ray C!!
Congratulations...I think it has a tiny, tiny tint of green in the blue - in honor of being in Ireland (just kidding you)!

pretty color~
Thanks folks. I got them to add a different egg colour to my flock. They are kept with Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiners (pale egg) and French Splash Marans (dark egg).

Thanks KPenley. I love the barring on the tail feathers too. They really are an all round stunning bird and great characters too!

Back
Top Bottom