The Lock, the cold... the horror!

Be careful telling where you all hide your keys to the house, you never know who's lurking on here getting that info, and they happen to know where you live.

Not any BYC people I'm sure.
smile.png

Dear Lurkers,
I am hiding my key under a rock in my Pit Bull's kennel. Could you please check my house for me while I am gone? My dog's teeth need a good flossing and I am out of chew bones.
Thank you,
Home Owner
big_smile.png

Quote:
That would work! But not for me, I have a 13 year old Pomeranian with rotten teeth. But her constant yapping might scare someone away!

Quote:
That would work! But not for me, I have a 13 year old Pomeranian with rotten teeth. But her constant yapping might scare someone away!

lau.gif

Quote:
The historic district...
gig.gif
of Clayton?
lau.gif
Sorry, that just struck me as funny... I'm assuming the "historic district"
lol.png
is around where my old elementary school was, which has been converted into a community center kind of thing. Honestly, I'm not sure what's considered the historic district unless it's, what, about 2 miles of Main Street?
gig.gif

Now I live about 15 miles away, between 40/42 & McGee's Crossroads. I have a Willow Spring address.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't relate.... I've locked my house once when I was trying to get rid of my slightly insane ex and he tried to steal my guinea pig while I wasn't home.
roll.png
He's now 900miles away so no worries. Other than that I couldn't even tell you where my keys are.
lol.png
We never locked our house growing up. My friend's never locked their house. Half the time you didn't even knock. Just walk in. We also always have 5 or 6 vehicles around the farm with the keys left in them. You just normally leave your keys in the ignition when you park it on the farm in case someone has to move it for something. I also not only never locked my truck in the 8years I drove it into Cedar Rapids and Iowa City every day but also left the keys sitting under the seat. It didn't have automatic locks and I didn't want to crawl across the seat and it was just habit to drop the keys on the floor like we do at home. Occasionally I lock my suv since all I have to do is push a button but I also still occasionally forget the keys in the car. I've never heard of anyone's house being broken into or vehicle stolen by a stranger. Only a few vehicles "borrowed" by neighbors and insane friends who eventually plan to return them but not always in good condition.

Well I know this story well. When we bought this house 5 years ago it was a nice winterey saturday morning sunning cold with a few inches of snow on the ground, the wife and I in our robes with our coffee in hand went out to the garage no thought about the door closing to the laundry room since technicaly we are still inside!!. After we got done talking I went to open the door and its locked. Now remember we just moved in!!! New nobody!!! and we are in our robes!!!! Anyways there was no way I was going to a neighbors and our nearest friend or relative is over an hr away! So I took a hammer and broke out the bedroom window, opened it up and craweled through barefoot and all. My neighbors later thought it was the most hillarious site they had seen in a long time. Figured we were not robbing the place since we were in our robes
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
The historic district...
gig.gif
of Clayton?
lau.gif
Sorry, that just struck me as funny... I'm assuming the "historic district"
lol.png
is around where my old elementary school was, which has been converted into a community center kind of thing. Honestly, I'm not sure what's considered the historic district unless it's, what, about 2 miles of Main Street?
gig.gif

Now I live about 15 miles away, between 40/42 & McGee's Crossroads. I have a Willow Spring address.

My mom lives in willow springs right on 42, we live at the very end by high 55 on the way to angier.... small world!

Please don't come use a credit card on my back door!!!
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom