The Middle Tennessee Thread

old thing still get it done lol
thumbsup.gif

Quote: Those are VERY clean!! no leakage at all you may want to look into getting chicks from http://brushycreekhome.com/ that is where I got my lavenders and I am very happy with them I have never lost a chick from them...they send very healthy chicks....I have pullets but I am keeping them for breeding and I should have hatching eggs/chicks this fall.
If you dont mind my asking...where did you get those from? they look great!

Becky.... Look what we made

These are some TEST chicks from the pair of WL/Ex crosses. What do you think we got? Good layers? LOL

This one looks BLUE?????

Group shot 4 whites the blue in the middle and the red head on the left and the black on the right.

Sorry not a great picture but see the red?

Look at that face love the red though.

I am going to keep the colored ones... sell the white ones.

We put in a 4x16 strawberry patch last year with dormant crowns my husband picked up on a whim at Aldi. They looked a bit dead and crispy but I plunked them in water for an hour to hydrate and gave each a scoop of compost as we planted it. I was then diligent about snipping off runners for the next several months. We put a batch of spent litter on them in late Fall when they went dormant (we use chopped straw). My dad told me that the straw would drop the nitrogen level so I watered them with dirty aquarium water a couple of times. Oh.my.goodness! I just picked five and a half POUNDS of strawberries! We have an everbearing variety so there are blossoms, green berries, and half-ripe ones still out there. I've never seen berries do so well. The plants are huge, the berries are good-sized, and each plant has dozens of berries on it (even the one runner in the corner that I missed!). Than you, chickens and fish! And yes, I have bird netting over them because I prefer they get the slug-nipped ones and leave my pretty berries alone.

Back
Top Bottom