The Night of the Mare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! I'll work on it more today. But I do have a question: Should I write the book and then go back and fix everything, or write a chapter and get everything PERFECT before moving on?
I vote write a rough draft then move on. There will be plenty of time for fixing later. But for now, don't aim for perfection or you will never finish. (That's been my experience, I'm no expert)

I was just thinking that maybe you'd like to check out this site: https://www.thesaurus.com/
I use it a lot and maybe you'd like to too. I like to repeat the same word over and over, but the word will wear out its welcome. So with that site, I can type in my overused word, and find other words to use in its place.

Example: Cheerfully

2021-02-18.png

I already love this story!

That's amazing!! I really love the story concept. Some suggestions- try to use indirect characterization as opposed to direct. (example: instead of saying '14 year old Olivia' have her dad say something about her being 14 and old enough for the responsibility of staying overnight with the goats)
Maybe clarify a bit more what jobs you need to do to care for the goats, as well as why Livvy hates it so much. Add some more info and background information before skipping right to the dramatic moment.
Also clarify why she needs to take the goats up the mountain, instead of, say, keeping them in a barn. Knowing when this story is set would also help tremendously- I think that you should spend a little bit more time fleshing out the setting and background info.
Overall, I love it! Great job!!!
Agreed 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom