The Old Folks Home

It's 91 and very humid. It's Florida, so it's always very humid. I managed to buy groceries. UGH! Overheard in the grocery store: Guy:"Do we have everything"? Gal:"Yes, I think we do." I'm thinking, of course not. You just won't know what you forgot, until you get home, and don't have it.

When I went out to feed my flock yesterday, they were not one bit interested in the feed I was putting in the feeder. They were, however, upset they didn't get a treat. I got an earful. They're very vocal. Spoiled rotten brats!!! LOL.

I started sewing and quilting just a few years ago, and started with the fancy free motion quilting last January. You'll be amazed if you practice what you can do in a short period of time.
Not to be a harpy, but it's okay if your projects aren't perfect. They'll still be used and loved. In real life I'm a big perfectionist, and when I started sewing I'd drive myself nuts stitching and then not being happy with it, and ripping it out, over and over. I eventually started watching some professional quilters stitch on craftsy and youtube, and their stitching wasn't perfect. And one of them said, no one ever became a better quilter by ripping stitches out. So unless the tension is way off and it'll fall apart, I don't rip and try not to worry too much on it. It's made it much more enjoyable. A finished project that isn't perfect is better than the project you want to finish perfectly but are too scared to start.
With t-shirt quilts, I will tell you that you'll want to probably purchase some kind of light stabilizer and iron that to the back of the cut shirt, because they're real stretchy and will drive you a bit bonkers working with them, otherwise.

I'm finally allowed to work in my town cemeteries. It's going to start raining about 6 pm, think I'll get my probe and my stuff to clean a few graves and head out. There's 3 cemeteries on my road - 2 of which are going to require repairs, but I need to probe to try and determine what kind of repairs... before I can clean those.

Thanks for the advice & the encouragement! A lady at Hobby Lobby told me about something to use for the backs of the tee's, but I didn't write it down & forgot what it was. :he As usual, I would LOVE to see any pix you get of the headstones &/or the actual cemeteries.

I've never had a fried green tomato, but they looked yummy in the movie! :drool

It's 91 and very humid. It's Florida, so it's always very humid. I managed to buy groceries. UGH! Overheard in the grocery store: Guy:"Do we have everything"? Gal:"Yes, I think we do." I'm thinking, of course not. You just won't know what you forgot, until you get home, and don't have it.

When I went out to feed my flock yesterday, they were not one bit interested in the feed I was putting in the feeder. They were, however, upset they didn't get a treat. I got an earful. They're very vocal. Spoiled rotten brats!!! LOL.
What part of Florida? I grew up down in homestead, but we moved in 87 so I was 17. Moved to small town TN. Lol what a culture shock that was!:)

Thanks for the advice & the encouragement! A lady at Hobby Lobby told me about something to use for the backs of the tee's, but I didn't write it down & forgot what it was. :he As usual, I would LOVE to see any pix you get of the headstones &/or the actual cemeteries.

I've never had a fried green tomato, but they looked yummy in the movie! :drool
They really are...You'll have to try some! ;)

Afternoon everyone!:)
How's the weather in your neck of the woods?!?
It's great here today!
:)
Beautiful day. And what am I doing? Binge watching Dexter.

Fried green tomatoes are the bomb!!!
know what else is good? A fried green tomato BLT.

Aren't they, though? If I walk into the kitchen I'm sure I'll see a couple of girls (and probably Peter Pan as well) perched on the porch gate, peering into the kitchen window. Hey food lady? Snackies?

Attachments

• IMG_2513.PNG
    IMG_2513.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom