The Old Folks Home

There was a musical "Urinetown." Gee what have I been missing ?
sickbyc.gif

Rotties will always be my first love. INtelligent, easy to train, obedient, always on duty, but challenging as to who is boss. Someday a rottie again.

Yes pointers are great runners. A group of owners get together on Sundays and let the dogs run for over 2 hours. While waiting for everyone to gather, the dogs run in a big field chasing balls and running about. About half way thru the walk, some dogs swim at the lake. Got to meet some 12 pointers that day. Yup they like to run FAST, but they also listened to commands to come back.

I only go for breeds that work closely with people and take direction from people.
Wow, people letting their dogs do what they...need..to do. All breeds are different in needs as you well know. The pointers, and many other bird dogs need to move, not just kept in their kennel until hunting time. Sorry to say, see it happen here many times. Only being let out to run in the back yard here and there. :( Then the dog goes out to hunt, and they are just run down within a half an hr. But they will keep going for their owners. Not much going on in the finding of birds though once worn out. I understand that you aren't hunting..right? Still, all of that exercise..is great! If you are going to show in the way you said, this is good for the pup. :) Great socialization too!

Last edited:
Rottwieler or Rott Cross is high on my list for dogs at my place. For natural protective nature around the house. I dont get people often on my property but I do get them... They mostly follow the nice smooth sandy road through the property from Mexico to the highway. In the summer they may come up looking for water. Not that I would deny it Its just that often times they leave the water running. NOT good.
My well goes dry in twenty minutes. these days.

I am moving all hose bib access into the yard because of the possibility of it.

deb

I know a lot of you guys are into gardening and someone gave me the name of this squash and I'm just wondering why one squash is so much bigger and a different shape and it's the same plant. Thought maybe one of you might know. Maybe I just got a green thumb for squash and some get bigger than others. Give me some input please.

Back
Top Bottom