The Old Folks Home

More like lazy weekend for me. Rain on Saturday = naps, plural! :gig

Today I have a list of stuff to do, and I really want it done, so that's my motivation. It's supposed to be chilly here this week, and that's fine by me. Keep those fruit trees from blooming! It's not time yet.

As long as we get some sunshine often enough to warm up the green house, I'm a happy person. I have 60+ tomato seeds, 8 peppers, a couple melons, and some marigolds planted in pots. 10 of the tomatoes are for a friend.

Talked to hubby about enlarging the coop, and we can probably add 12-16 sf. That'll take it up to 44-48 sf for 9 birds. Still a bit small for my liking, but I have an idea to make some use of vertical space to make for more "floor" space. I plan to add on to the run as well. And I really want a "chicken moat" to go down one side of the garden to keep the grass out.

There's always the possibility that not all 5 of the chicks coming in June will make it, too, sad as that thought is.

Good morning, OF. Where is everybody? Rough weekend?
Good Morning sourland.. I'm here.. Been trying to dry out my cell phone with no luck.. Screen won't display doo dah.. I accidentally dropped it in the babies water can yesterday when I was taking some snapshots of them outside. Tried the blow dryer on low for a good long while.. It fires up but no graphics at all. Guess it's time to trade in the Galaxy 5s Active for something a bit newer?

1618233050176.png
Good morning, Folks of the Old Home

Good Morning sourland.. I'm here.. Been trying to dry out my cell phone with no luck.. Screen won't display doo dah.. I accidentally dropped it in the babies water can yesterday when I was taking some snapshots of them outside. Tried the blow dryer on low for a good long while.. It fires up but no graphics at all. Guess it's time to trade in the Galaxy 5s Active for something a bit newer?
It is time!

Dd #1, and grands came pulling in at 2:47 am. The kids were all asleep, and had to be carried in to their beds. They had a wonderful day. It quit raining here late yesterday evening, and moved across the state to the other coast. It hit where Dd was, at about the time she was intending to leave. She stayed, and waited it out, leaving there around 10:30 pm. She said the storm had cleared out all the traffic, and the roads home were fairly empty, so it was smooth sailing.

Back
Top Bottom