The Project Club!

cariboujaguar

Songster
10 Years
Feb 14, 2009
Mississippi
I don't know if it'll catch on, but it seems there are alot of people interested in others projects and seeing how they go about breeding for a new color, type, pattern or breed altogether! I think it would be great to have a place for everyone to discuss their project, post pictures or links to their own thread regarding their project... So I would like to start a 'project club' for all of us to brag, chat and admire!

I am going to be adding more American Onagadori's to the United States. When I was interested in the breed I did a search and only 1 site came up. That was Tommy's Pet Paradise. I bought a pair of Bronze AO and asked him to hold them until they where 2 months old. He had no problem at all with that. I would like to get another hen from him but it needs to be unrelated to the first pair.

I will be selling them so we can get more of these beautiful birds out in more homes. Mine are very friendly and love attention. So they are also pets. These birds make nice pets and attract attention because of their long tails. I should have my first eggs in September.

I've never heard of them, good for you guys! post some pics please! I am working on a breed that involves silkies and producion birds with colored eggs, the ultimate hobby farm bird. Cute, productive, colorful egg basket and friendly! I have a few different ideas though
smile.png

Mine are still young and although their tails and saddle feathers are getting longer they still don't have all their color as they will as adults. My roo is trying to crow. And I will add "TRYING to crow".
They are both 3 months old.
They are both very friendly birds. Great for pets for sure.

I got mine from Tommy's Pet Paradise. You can find his site by just searching for Tommy's Pet Paradise. He has many beautiful birds.

The first one is the roo. His name is Sir Charles.
175054.jpg

This is his mate, Fiona
175109.jpg

If anybody wants to here is the link to my photo albums on Photobucket. Look around. There are lots of chicken pics and a few of my family too.
lau.gif

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/emvickrey/

Last edited:
Go to Feathersite and look up Onagadori. Lots of links, some with pretty nice pictures. There are several US breeders around, you just have to look for them.

Jim

There are alot of breeds that you think are plentiful and in no danger of disappearing, but infact they need help like the White Orpingtons, Delawares and so on. We should have a club for breed restoration projects as well.

Back
Top Bottom