These are my first 2! I'm loving them too. My husband's family had goats when he was little, my SIL has had quite a few over the past few years too. I already feel like I'll end up with a few more :D

They're adorable and so full of personality! I think you'll definitely have more than two. My original plan was to have two. Then I decided, well, maybe three would be good instead. But wait, I don't want to just buy one new goat, she'll be so lonely while in quarantine, I better buy two new ones. Okay, four is a good number, right? Then my son said "mom, they're so small in this big pasture, can we get two more? So 6 is where we are - and holding firm despite the influx of cute baby goat posts I see daily on my facebook florida nigerian group, all looking for new homes, of course. I might have to block myself from that page for a while.

So there was this guy in my livestock facebook group that posted a couple of 6 month old great pyrenees LGD pups for sale. Apparently they are from grand champion parents, great working dogs, training with sheep, goats and poultry currently. So I message the guy and explain what I'm looking for in a livestock guardian. He basically tells me that since I'm only looking to protect some poultry and a few goats, I probably couldn't afford his "Grand Champion" dogs. I never mentioned what my budget was, nor did I bring up anything money related at all. He told me nothing about the dogs and didn't answer any of my questions. That's probably why he still has several dogs needing homes at 6 months old. 😒

I told my husband I'm going to buy a puppy from whatever dog last outranked his dog in the show ring, hire a handler and have my dog win more awards than his, just out of spite. 😂

I could go into what I WANTED to say to this guy, but I'm only confrontational in my own mind, so I told him that I actually had an unlimited budget for the right dog, and thanked him for his time.

Also, in my line of work, and probably most others, NEVER assume what someone else values or has to spend. It'll bite you in the butt.

So there was this guy in my livestock facebook group that posted a couple of 6 month old great pyrenees LGD pups for sale. Apparently they are from grand champion parents, great working dogs, training with sheep, goats and poultry currently. So I message the guy and explain what I'm looking for in a livestock guardian. He basically tells me that since I'm only looking to protect some poultry and a few goats, I probably couldn't afford his "Grand Champion" dogs. I never mentioned what my budget was, nor did I bring up anything money related at all. He told me nothing about the dogs and didn't answer any of my questions. That's probably why he still has several dogs needing homes at 6 months old. 😒

I told my husband I'm going to buy a puppy from whatever dog last outranked his dog in the show ring, hire a handler and have my dog win more awards than his, just out of spite. 😂

I could go into what I WANTED to say to this guy, but I'm only confrontational in my own mind, so I told him that I actually had an unlimited budget for the right dog, and thanked him for his time.

Also, in my line of work, and probably most others, NEVER assume what someone else values or has to spend. It'll bite you in the butt.
I love you're level of "what'd you say I can't do?!"
Absolutely love it. You had me at buying 10 acres to spite the hoa.

What a schmuck way to act. Okay, take pride in your grand champ line. Be picky where they go, sure. Presuming someone's budget based on their livestock, dumb as an inbreed swamp donkey.

What breed did they have?

Good day. I have my Seramas in a row this am. When 1 goes they all go.
They are so pretty! I really love Seramas. Bantams in general are awesome, but Seramas are my favorite. The little roos are so serious, lol.

For those who don't know, the girl in the middle is A'pollo's mother. :love

Wow that guy sounds like a real jerk!! No wonder he still has puppies available lol not to mention, I can’t imagine a show dog would actually be that great of a worker? Nothing against show dogs, I like them, but they’re usually bred for totally different purposes and a lot of working and show line dogs may as well be two separate breeds haha like Labs, GSDs, and most spaniels for example. But maybe they are not there yet. :fl although considering how many people have them for pets nowadays, I wouldn’t be surprised haha anyway, seems like you dodged a bullet with that one.

I love you're level of "what'd you say I can't do?!"
Absolutely love it. You had me at buying 10 acres to spite the hoa.

What a schmuck way to act. Okay, take pride in your grand champ line. Be picky where they go, sure. Presuming someone's budget based on their livestock, dumb as an inbreed swamp donkey.

What breed did they have?

100% agreed!! They’re probably not even Grand Champion either haha actual reputable breeders would never act like that and also usually have homes lined up before they’re even born. So I doubt they even are haha maybe there’s champions or something wayyyyyyy back. A lot of people do that. Claim “champion lines” even if they themselves never show and the “champions” are many generations back. And I think she said they were Great Pyrenees.

Back
Top Bottom