Good night Everyone! I think if I greet you at about this time, it's actually night time for all of us.
The ducks were slightly spoiled today, with many buckets of weeds to pick through. They are excited to have the weeds, and the blackbirds are excited to have the disturbed soil where the weeds used to be.
We had a frost this morning, but I had seen the forecast, so I was able to cover vulnerable plants. There is not supposed to be a frost tonight, but it's chilly! I hope there isn't, as I believed the forecast, and it is now well after dark. Most years the frosts are finished here by now, but we get enough variation that it's always guesswork.
Your ducks are so nice! - Mine want the soil and the weeds! - Plus they would eat the other birds would they not fly away fast enough.

It freezes nearly every night now here. In 45 days the lakes will be frozen over, we will have snow on the ground and it will not get above freezing for months. The temps will be from 20 below to highs in the low single digits, farenhight.

For those of you on the C scale that’s -30 to -10 ish.
We had a big discussion about where to move to, after we'd decided to move out of the Houston area. My wife insisted in moving to Minnesota and my answer to this was always "You're crazy! They have only two seasons there, Winter and Road-Construction!".
I could not live there! Every day below freezing is a bad day for me. On the other hand 38° with 90% humidity isn't a problem if i have enough to drink. - That's ~100 for those you on the Fahrenheit scale. ;)

We had a big discussion about where to move to, after we'd decided to move out of the Houston area. My wife insisted in moving to Minnesota and my answer to this was always "You're crazy! They have only two seasons there, Winter and Road-Construction!".
I could not live there! Every day below freezing is a bad day for me. On the other hand 38° with 90% humidity isn't a problem if i have enough to drink. - That's ~100 for those you on the Fahrenheit scale. ;)
I can handle the 40 below days just fine. Those are great ice fishing days.

But the 38c or 90f days kill me. I actually start shutting down when it gets over 75f.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom