Hi all. I hope you’re all well. We are finally getting eggs from the girls, but I had to block off the area behind the shed because apparently cement is ok for egg laying if the egg is hidden. Not an easy space to access for humans so no more of that. The flock went through a phase right after we got Jasper where the girls didn’t want to go into their shelter with him at night. That seems to have passed and they’re locked up night again. That made me nervous, they weren’t hiding and the white girls stuck out like a sore thumb even in the dark. Nerds.

Hi all. I hope you’re all well. We are finally getting eggs from the girls, but I had to block off the area behind the shed because apparently cement is ok for egg laying if the egg is hidden. Not an easy space to access for humans so no more of that. The flock went through a phase right after we got Jasper where the girls didn’t want to go into their shelter with him at night. That seems to have passed and they’re locked up night again. That made me nervous, they weren’t hiding and the white girls stuck out like a sore thumb even in the dark. Nerds.
They find the most complex places to lay, where they are sure you will never get their eggs! We had a muscovy go missing, found her in the tiniest tree hollow on a clutch of 20 eggs. Husband considered just boarding the tree up and hoping for the best. I am sure broody muscovies is the whole reason Ralphie decided all ducks need to be eradicated.

They find the most complex places to lay, where they are sure you will never get their eggs! We had a muscovy go missing, found her in the tiniest tree hollow on a clutch of 20 eggs. Husband considered just boarding the tree up and hoping for the best. I am sure broody muscovies is the whole reason Ralphie decided all ducks need to be eradicated.
They do seem to like complicating things hinge don’t they? It’s a daily hunting expedition here.

Back
Top Bottom