morning every one we need some rain it has been hotttt here how is every ones critters doing in the heat. the heat index has been 100 to 111. my big geese Africans are bother the most changing pools every day have to free range the chickens so they can keep cool . the turkeys' even have a pool. the dust is unbelievable. So keep cool every one.

morning every one we need some rain it has been hotttt here how is every ones critters doing in the heat. the heat index has been 100 to 111. my big geese Africans are bother the most changing pools every day have to free range the chickens so they can keep cool . the turkeys' even have a pool. the dust is unbelievable. So keep cool every one.
Where is »here«? - South-Western U.S.?

Howdy y'all!

I shot a raccoon this morning! - It was hanging in the middle of the screen of our screened-in porch after scaring the duck out of Pinball-Duck two hours earlier.
Pinball has decided to go broody again and has secretly built a nest under the overhang of the garage roof, collected eggs and now sits there in fire-spitting-dragon mode.
She outsmarted me again! :idunno
I hope this year she does care about her babies…

Howdy y'all!

I shot a raccoon this morning! - It was hanging in the middle of the screen of our screened-in porch after scaring the duck out of Pinball-Duck two hours earlier.
Pinball has decided to go broody again and has secretly built a nest under the overhang of the garage roof, collected eggs and now sits there in fire-spitting-dragon mode.
She outsmarted me again! :idunno
I hope this year she does care about her babies…
Pinball- duck sounds like a muscovy! The visual of a duck spitting fire :lau

Pinball- duck sounds like a muscovy! The visual of a duck spitting fire :lau
Pinball got her name from the former neighbor's grand-daughter when she was broody in 2020 (the duck, not the grand-daughter!) and running around in the duck yard like the steel ball in a pinball machine. Here she is, protecting her nest in 2020:
I bought her as a Magpie Duck, but i think she is more of a Black Swedish mix...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom