How old are they? That white one strikes me as a cockerel, but I'm no expert by any means. I've been trying to sex my three orpingtons for months now.
The white one is a cockerel. I just posted it for comparison as they are the same age. They are6-7 weeks old now.

Both breeds are sex linked, but thre 55F are way easier to see the differences. Males are white ans females are fully colored. The French Golden Cuckoo Marans (top bird pictured) though has me puzzled.

They were just ridiculous! Truly. They took the joy out of home ownership. We put SO much into our home, and for them to assume that we couldn't be trusted to make simple decisions for our own property and yard was offensive. By the time we closed on our acreage across the street from the house, they had already issued us a $900 some-odd-dollar fine for violating the bylaws (illegally, but I won't go into it), and it was just such a crap show that we didn't fight it. We paid for our chicken coop and shed (the shed was also in violation once they changed the rules, but WASN'T when we bought it. Go figure.) to be hauled to the property, and we managed doing the whole back and forth thing for about 18 months before deciding to move. The HOA came down hard on several of our neighbors for really stupid piddly things (no above ground pools, no gardens without a privacy fence, they even fined our next door neighbors for putting up a swing set for their kids...), and about 40% of the original homeowners have sold their homes in that neighborhood and moved on. There are only about 35 houses in the whole neighborhood, and all but 4 were built in 2016-2017.

Last summer we decided to sell our home and purchase a mobile home to put on the property. We plan to build a house eventually, but I don't want to have a mortgage ever again in my life, so it'll be a few years until we save up. (Or never, as my husband says, because I spend too much money on chickens and goats! 😂) They finished construction and set up in September and we moved here the first week of October. Our house, which the HOA was sure would be a detriment to society by the way they acted, was on the market 10 days before we accepted an offer, and all three families that toured our house put in offers, two being at or above asking price. So they can suck it.

I'm still a little bitter about it, because I spent so much time making that house a home. And also because we had to leave my office bookshelves behind because they were too tall for the mobile home. :hit

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...side-Dr_Leesburg_FL_34748_M62047-42350#photo0
You did an amazing job with that house. but I love the story

The white one is a cockerel. I just posted it for comparison as they are the same age. They are6-7 weeks old now.

Both breeds are sex linked, but thre 55F are way easier to see the differences. Males are white ans females are fully colored. The French Golden Cuckoo Marans (top bird pictured) though has me puzzled.

Hah! Then I guess I was right. I'd guess pullet on the other then if they're the same age.

Hah! Then I guess I was right. I'd guess pullet on the other then if they're the same age.
giphy.gif

They were just ridiculous! Truly. They took the joy out of home ownership. We put SO much into our home, and for them to assume that we couldn't be trusted to make simple decisions for our own property and yard was offensive. By the time we closed on our acreage across the street from the house, they had already issued us a $900 some-odd-dollar fine for violating the bylaws (illegally, but I won't go into it), and it was just such a crap show that we didn't fight it. We paid for our chicken coop and shed (the shed was also in violation once they changed the rules, but WASN'T when we bought it. Go figure.) to be hauled to the property, and we managed doing the whole back and forth thing for about 18 months before deciding to move. The HOA came down hard on several of our neighbors for really stupid piddly things (no above ground pools, no gardens without a privacy fence, they even fined our next door neighbors for putting up a swing set for their kids...), and about 40% of the original homeowners have sold their homes in that neighborhood and moved on. There are only about 35 houses in the whole neighborhood, and all but 4 were built in 2016-2017.

Last summer we decided to sell our home and purchase a mobile home to put on the property. We plan to build a house eventually, but I don't want to have a mortgage ever again in my life, so it'll be a few years until we save up. (Or never, as my husband says, because I spend too much money on chickens and goats! 😂) They finished construction and set up in September and we moved here the first week of October. Our house, which the HOA was sure would be a detriment to society by the way they acted, was on the market 10 days before we accepted an offer, and all three families that toured our house put in offers, two being at or above asking price. So they can suck it.

I'm still a little bitter about it, because I spent so much time making that house a home. And also because we had to leave my office bookshelves behind because they were too tall for the mobile home. :hit

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...side-Dr_Leesburg_FL_34748_M62047-42350#photo0

They really do sound ridiculous!! That’s a shame. That house is so nice! But your new one will be too. :D and land is most important anyway :p

Back
Top Bottom