So Im pretty sure the Marans eggs are going to be BBS Birchen, but there is a small chance they are fertilized by Umbra. So for giggles, I googled Ayam Cemani x Marans and found this guy...
I wanted them to bre pure, but now... whew, I dunno...

So that's the COOLEST thing I've ever seen in my whole life. I kinda hope they're exactly this, lol.

Trying to get some good pictures of Umbra, but he'd rather clean himself.

The circled area is the only place he has any leakage. This had given me mixed opinions about his quality ever since I saw it. Now in the breeders defense, she did warm me around 5 months old it could show up. Pretty sure it was the first day of his fifth month and boom, leakage. After putting songs thought in to it though, his line was worked for a king time prior to getting him, so he'd still be a better starting place than starting with a fresh GFF AC. Not that I'll be buying one anytime soon, just using it as an example.

He's actually turning in to a pretty decent young man. After Sully got here Umbra chilled out, but still had occasional "butthead" moments. The last 6-8 weeks though he's started acting like more like a rooster and less like a boy. He's been on point with his warning calls which is something I've noticed Sully needs improvement in. He's good at protecting his girls from Baby Charis who just wants to boink everything.

He's good with eating and drinking with pretty much everyone here. In general, he's doing pretty good now. I'm glad nobody accepted my rehome offers. It wasn't for a lack of trying, and I'm still a bit skeptical about him, but he's growing on me again.

Now he's not perfect. He is trying to mate with Sully's girls. As good as Sully is at being the flock alpha, he's lacking some traits too. Like maintaining his harem... :rolleyes:
Umbra has been going for Blossom (55F) and Mrs Blue (marans), and Sully has been running up all serious but then he gets close and calms down. Idon't want them to fight, and I'm not readily sure what I expect. However, Umbra runs Charis off a good 15' yelling at him the whole time. Then he struts back all proud.

Most times Umbra is spooked off just by Sully's presence, but not yesterday. Mrs Blue squated and accepted his attempt. Just now Blossom did there same thing.

20200221_075126.jpg
20200221_075123.jpg
20200221_075626.jpg

Back
Top Bottom