:love:love

Freedom!
20200409_082150.jpg
20200409_083719.jpg

Your Brahma reminds me of Lizzie. She was the sweetest hen. Your littles are cute!
I love the Brahma girls. Sadly, the one pictured is getting listed. She's a wanderer and likes to pick on the smaller birds. If she'd stay with the LF flock there'd be no problem, but I grow out the youngsters with the bantam flock before integration. She had one of the d'Uccle youngsters trapped in a pin this morning, and right after that picture went for the Malay cock. Last thing I need is an angry, bullied game cock that is almost 3' tall. :(

Morning everyone. Bob, hopefully all your equipment is all safe and sound.

I agree with Patti. Our PO also gets 2 shipments daily, and I have recieved a pickup call at 3pm before.

They came in at 11:30 this morning! Looks like they threw in an extra two chicks, so that's cool. He's going to send me the list later of who's who, but I have a pretty good idea of what some of them are.

Aside from one chick that seemed lethargic, 29 of the 30 are doing well. I gave a few drops of nutridrench to the lethargic one and made sure he got to the electrolyte water. He seems to have perked up, so we'll see.

IMG_2468.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

They came in at 11:30 this morning! Looks like they threw in an extra two chicks, so that's cool. He's going to send me the list later of who's who, but I have a pretty good idea of what some of them are.

Aside from one chick that seemed lethargic, 29 of the 30 are doing well. I gave a few drops of nutridrench to the lethargic one and made sure he got to the electrolyte water. He seems to have perked up, so we'll see.

View attachment 2081900

View attachment 2081901
That's fantastic!
🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣
I love your kitties.
:D

Not sure if I mentioned it, but Bertha the Cornish X has been moved to the LF flock. At 14lbs, I think she's finally ready to be around big birds. ;)
No, actually... It's because she can't roost, and recently has been traveling around the garage sleeping and pooping in different spots. It was not so bad when she had her little "bed" area to use, but for w/e reasons, she's abandoned it, and is leaving dog sized piles of poop to be found/slipped in at random. So Mrs Big Britches is now sleeping in the Shack. Simba has EXTREMELY taken her under his care. He's barley left her side in 3 days, and is keeping the feistier of the hens away from her. I'm still keeping a watchful eye on him, but he's turning out to be such a good feller.

20200409_125902.jpg

Little Miss here has finally abandoned her bad eggs and taken the chick out of the nest. This morning I think she was a bit timid to bring the chick out with all the bantams squaking, so she camped out on the floor for the day. The Dork'emani chick is under her right wing. Hopefully she'll go outside tomorrow... I just got 1 pooping bird off of the floor... ;)
20200409_113712.jpg

Not sure if I mentioned it, but Bertha the Cornish X has been moved to the LF flock. At 14lbs, I think she's finally ready to be around big birds. ;)
No, actually... It's because she can't roost, and recently has been traveling around the garage sleeping and pooping in different spots. It was not so bad when she had her little "bed" area to use, but for w/e reasons, she's abandoned it, and is leaving dog sized piles of poop to be found/slipped in at random. So Mrs Big Britches is now sleeping in the Shack. Simba has EXTREMELY taken her under his care. He's barley left her side in 3 days, and is keeping the feistier of the hens away from her. I'm still keeping a watchful eye on him, but he's turning out to be such a good feller.

Give her a flat 2x4 2 inches off the ground and she should roost happily.

Back
Top Bottom