Good morning, afternoon, evening all. Sharing a pic of our new drake Jasper. We drove quite a distance to get him so the guy was going to just give him to me but I I wouldn’t let him do that. I got to see his flock and how they’re kept also. I think there’s more room here to roam but we’re not in the high country with cooler temps. It was 45 degrees in Flagstaff and 80 something in Phoenix when got home. I did what WannaBeHillbilly said and just let him out in the enclosed yard with the girls. By bed time he followed them right in and today they’re all hanging out together.
View attachment 2623055
That water bucket is genius! I've got 3 brand new ones with lids that I can do that to.

And your new Drake is gorgeous 😍

Poor Top Hat isn't felling good. She was fine yesterday, didn't lay today. The last time this happened I was going to get CG but the duck died in the night. I hope I don't find poor Top Hat dead tomorrow. And the new stray cat has an ear infection :he
I hope she makes it through the night. :fl You really have been beaten up by the universe lately… :hugs

That water bucket is genius! I've got 3 brand new ones with lids that I can do that to.

And your new Drake is gorgeous 😍
Thank you! I read about the water bucket somewhere so I can’t take credit but it’s a great way to keep the ducks out of their water. It still gets pretty gross but at least they aren’t pooping in it.

Thank you! I read about the water bucket somewhere so I can’t take credit but it’s a great way to keep the ducks out of their water. It still gets pretty gross but at least they aren’t pooping in it.
Mine doesn't poop in it but my boy likes to eat a mouthful of food, take a drink, mouthful of food, take a drink 😂
There's so much drool in the food that is just soggy when he's done.

Here's my littles. First up the rooster and his big spur. He doesn't like it being touched. There are three hens but one is in night pen with rooster. I've stayed very on top of their cleanliness in quarantine. They are currently in our outdoor bathroom so no mozzie contamination can be done. And in afew days when I am sure theres no risk of fowl pox they will go into much more roomy pen in house yard but still away from our other birds
20210420_100050.jpg
20210420_100500.jpg
20210420_100118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom