Them girls love to hear themselves talk. Just like a bunch of biddies. Probably talking about you Hillbilly. And one belly laughing. My buffs do great belly laughs.
They don't do belly laughs, they do belly landings!
I fed some pellets and cat-food to the Mallards this afternoon, when the envious ducknagers hurried back down from the pond. Walking wasn;'t fast enough for the real greedy ones and downhill flying seems even possible for Ralphie Drake, but the landings…
I wish i had three hands, so i could feed the Mallards and hold a camera to record those heavy birds landings. They did not even dared to put the "wheels" down, they just dropped on their bellys, slid and rolled before coming to a stop. The embarrassment was wagged off and then they dug into the food.
On the other hand Pinballs babies, Tweedledee and Tweedledum have developed into almost perfect fliers. Tweedledee must have taken off from the pond today, flew in an elegant curve down to the duck-yard, used the air brakes as the Mallards do and made a perfect two point touch-down. Her brother took off from the damn and followed her almost as elegant as she did, he just botched his landing in the very last moment, slamming on the brakes too hard performing a one point landing - on his butt. But that's all fluff, no harm was done.

I did some changes to the furniture in the duck house, widened the second level in the ducknager's bedroom so its more safe to be up there and i tried to come up with something like a ramp:
1669681335507.png
Can't wait to see how that turns out tomorrow morning.

And yes, Tweedledee Duck is already upstairs, likely on top of her mother's head - isn't it the same with all teenagers, they all grow over our heads…
1669681508247.png

Clockwise from the right: Erpelchen, Blanca, Violeta, Pompom and Rusty. Pinball must be sitting in one of the three spots under Tweedledee as she is nowhere to be seen.

Happy Tuesday Everybody!

I overslept today, rushed out to set the dux free and they did not even looked at me and stormed up the hill to jump into the pond. So no video of ducks sitting on the second level of the duck house today… 😞 But they have been up there, they have built nests and pooped into those. The ramp was pooped on and there was poop on the walls… 😂

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom