The violence in Juarez hit home today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juarez and many other border towns are getting scarier and scarier. I'm sorry it is hitting so close to you Writer. I think Mexico is on the verge of civil war, with the drug cartels against the government. I could easily see Mexico going the way of Columbia, with the drug lords in control. This is particularly frightening with it all right along the border. These are turf wars between the cartels for control of the border routes, and many people are dying. It all about money and power, and unfortunately the money all comes from the US. The US drug trade fuels these murders and the violence in Mexico and Columbia. If the cartels win in Mexico, it will make the violence more and more routine, and it will exacerbate the illegal immigrant problems in this country. If it is not safe for the citizens of Mexico, more and more will leave. It is very ugly, to say the least.

It's a little too close to home here also.

My father-in-law's good friend grew upon a farm in Mexico, although his family are American Mormons and not Mexican. He moved up here to ranch, while his family stayed there and farmed. They would often hire workers from the Mexican farm to work on the ranch here, and on more than one occasion they would go home to visit never to be seen or heard from again
sad.png
His parents began to receive death threats and demands for money. His brother was followed while driving on several occasions. They had their farmhouses broken into, their guns stolen, and threatening letters left demanding $100,000. They are in their 80s, and finally decided it's just too dangerous for them to be there, and had to leave in the dead of the night with whatever they could take. His brother was even chased as he drove away. They moved up to the ranch here and hired a private security company to take care of their farm, but they have been run off too. They've basically lost everything.

I don't know how easy closing the border will be. There are large parts that don't have anything but river between us. Such as the Big Bend area. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on closing the border. Until they militarize it, it's not going to happen. They should be protecting us here at home instead of focusing on everyone else overseas.

Quote:
Beak it is not a rant, it is my saying that the violence right across the border from us hit both sides of my portable here and touched two families I know well. I appreciate that you have a strong opinion on certain matters, but it does not belong on this thread. Please respect that because I don't want to have this shut down but I will in a heart beat and I'll ask the moderators to remove all subject matter that does not belong before it is re-opened. Please don't take it personally, it is not meant that way, I don't want a flaming argument to start on one of my threads and I am very serious in that manner.

When I was in middle school, my physical science teacher was across the border in Mexico doing some geological studying (collecting rocks) with a friend, and the Mexican Police showed up and confiscated (stole) his friend's truck and left them in the desert to walk back.

It was also discovered about that time that a huge percentage of cars stolen in El Paso were being driven around by Mexican officials south of the border.

With corruption running rampant in all walks of government in Mexico, who is left to stop the senseless killings that are going on?

My hubby and I had talked about kayaking down on the Rio Grande as soon as schools out, but not now. I know all too well about illegals crossing on your land, they do it all the time here and on our other property that is about 30 miles south of the one we live on now. It just really sucks that the cartels are ruining a great get away here in Texas (Big Bend) with all this violence, and our government is just looking the other way.

I want camping and backpacking down in Big Bend and Big Bend Ranch, and hope to do that with my boys. They have a trip on the river down there that takes about two weeks, some longer, that we hope to take someday, just not yet.

If you kayak from the beginnings of the Rio in Colorado it is beautiful, and all the down to T or C. After the irrigation water has filled the river you could follow it to Anthony NM safely, but from there to the border I just don't recommend it.

Hi! Been hearing about whats going on with you border states.I am in Southeast,La (Katrinaville) I hate to keep going back there but there was life for us pre-katrina and post katrina. When we were hit and under water the Authorities kept all home owners out till it was safe,only for (Mexicans) to sneek in thru the waterways with sm. boats to go thru the water logged homes and steel us blind. What was not lost to the storm was stolen. There is a constant flow of mexicans on 1-12 with vehicles loaded down with stuff and towing other vechiles. They say they came to help clean up they cleaned up all right! My family house was in the rigolets(the movie Cats was filimed there in the late 70's) My aunt and uncle next door to my parents on about 4 acres total. Bayou on one side and marsh land in the back with lake pontchtrain to the south. The little point on the MS/LA state line. My parents home was under 26' water the house was off the foundation and crushed by trees. Anything of any value sterling, jewerly, all my dads coins, guns all gone. If you were working on something even on the side of the road they would come and just try to take it from you. I live in St.Tammny parish our govt. really cracked down on the illegals,But now were are finding bodies being dumped on I-12. St. Tammany parish is very different from Orleans. 1-12 runs straight in to 1-10. These caravans of mexican cause more accidents with all the stuff falling off vehicles in the interstate and causing bad accidents/death. My cousin is on the sherrifs dept. half of whats going on is not told. Why does the media cover for all this illegal stuff why. I was told to go to free speach t.v. and radio to here what is really going on. I here a lot about whats going on on Fox news(Cable Covuto and Glen Beck) Glen Beck is comming on to day with something everyone probably should here it will be 4:00 CST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom