The violence in Juarez hit home today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Beak - Writer asked this not become a drug issue...

and Nify is the owner of BYC
smile.png

Quote:
It's not just about the drugs- a lot of it is culture. In that area there is a lot of "machismo". You can get beat up or shot for looking at someone. It's just the way it is. In three years when I was between the ages of 13 and 16, I personally knew 8 kids who were murdered by being shot, stabbed or run over who were all between the ages of 13 and 17. Not one of them was drug related. They were all horrible deaths and very sad and careless wastes of human life.

Edited to add that the above experiences happened in El Paso, TX, between 1990 and 1993.

Last edited:
I think that because it's so bad our elected officials should have to live in the areas that are like this. So that they can feel the fear that we do living in these areas that are so overlooked and ignored. I bet if they were in danger, if thier families weren't tucked away in neat little protected mansions, there would be more going on to protect the constituents in the area. maye i am just lipping off about something I know nothing about. But if people are elected to be mayors, govenors, senators, and yes, presidents, they represent the whole. And the should have a feeling for what parts of the whole of the area are dealing with. Again, maybe i am just ranting and lipping off.

Sorry this is hitting so close. Stay safe, what a scary thing to have happen!

I just saw on national news that they are sending federal agents and the national guard to the Mexico/US border. Obama has stated that he doesn't want the border to be militarized.

Maybe it's a start!!

The whole thing is a crying shame. It has been 8 years since 9/11 terrorist attacks, and we still have not closed off the southern border.
Our southwestern states are being terrorized by these thugs, and not enough is being done to stop it. We can not do anything about the corruption in Mexico, but we sure as heck can close our borders.
I would gladly pay an increase in taxes if it went for complete border lockdown, and the deployment of our troops to guard our homeland.
I am tired of our fighting the war on terrorism exclusivly overseas, we need to guard our own country!
You folks have my deepest sympathy for having to live with an intolerable situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom