The violence in Juarez hit home today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has probably quadrupled in the past month. I see Border Patrol every day going to and from town. Before I would see them maybe once or twice a month.

They took down a huge Mexican Mafia group in the closest city to us just a couple weeks ago. It doesn't matter their is always someone standing in line to take over.

I just hate feeling so insecure in my own home. Always watching the pasture around me to see if someone is out there.

On our other property, we have come across places where they have camped out over night. They leave a little fire ring with ashes in it, and one place had a little grill with it. This was about 2 miles off the highway and no homes anywhere near by. We know they come through there.

We are planning on building a house on that property eventually. Don't know right now, until this BS gets straightened out.

Have you watched that new show about Homeland Security? We watched a couple of the episodes set in El Paso, if only it were so easy, and notice there is no mention of all this happening? Three hundred people killed in a week, heads lopped off and left in coolers, women vanishing every day. I think we need to move the President closer to the Border where he isn't so sheltered, he might get a big dose of reality as to what we have to put up with while he and his family enjoy their sheltered, protected lives away from all the violence.

Quote:
My parents banished me to Idaho from El Paso when I was 16. It probably saved my life in more ways than one. Three months later, one of my friends was gunned down there in a gang-related shooting at age 17. Police were at the funeral to help protect from more violence. My mother wouldn't let me come back for it. I've never been back. Reading this about things there makes my hair stand on end. Too many bad memories of the violence there. I like raising my boys here. I'd rather raise cowboys than gangsters.

Home invasions here in Phoenix have just sky rocketed.

I keep trying to warn my kids to keep the doors locked but they run in and out all of the time. A number of families have been terrorized, robbed and some parents killed in the past few months. And the new chief of homeland security for our nation did nothing to prevent what is happening here when she served as Governor.

I also don't understand why it's not all over the news. I'm like Buster, I'd rather raise cowboys than gangsters. That is one advantage of living in the country. We don't have to deal with all the little gang banger wannabees (sp). Even here, people are being robbed, houses broken into, cars stolen. No killings or rapes yet, but I'm sure it's not far behind. Then our president wants to restrict our rights to own fire arms? Make ammunition or supplies to make it to expensive to buy? They aren't protecting our families, we have to. Sorry, that's another topic.

Some people think I am way too over protective of my boys, but if it keeps them from getting tangled up in drugs or killed, I don't care what they say. Mahonri, I am sorry for the fear you are obviously living in. I have to keep hoping everything will get better. The whole positive thinking.

We used to go back and forth to visit friends and family. We never had a problem. We don't go to bars, we don't drink and we don't do drugs. We always thought those problems belonged to other people.

But now even little Mormon towns like Villa Ahumada have had killings. Now family and friends have to visit us.

Almost all of the Mexican television and movie stars live in the US now. Vicente Fernandez moved his whole family to Texas after one of his sons was kidnapped.

They have a real respect for the FBI.

I don't know what the answer to the problem is. When the choice is between bullets for you and your family and taking a bribe, the bribe wins out.

Rufus

Wow, I didn't know it was this bad on this side of the border. Bad enough it is happening in Mexico. I agree with you: why isn't this all over the news!!!

Quote:
That's a really smart idea.
I live in central Texas and now that it's Spring Break, I'm kinda worrying that some of my stupider friends are going to go to Mexico or South Padre or something and get murdered.

I feel so disheartened for you all..... it is sad that we are living in a world where we no longer feel safe within the walls of our homes.

Drugs are a blight upon the world as are the sellers of the evil concoctions!

Agree that the President needs to get out and about and listen to the people, that the Governments of every land on the planet really need to knuckle down and deal with the drug barons once and for all.

It needs a petition signed by the millions who want peace and safety for all.................Start one Writer .......even if it an internet based petition ..........you would already have many on here who would sign up for you.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom