The Wyandotte Thread

I have a couple of questions for the experts . .
big_smile.png

I have a 13 week old blue BLRW pullet that instead of having a solid blue tail, has lacing in her tail. Although it is beautiful, I am wondering if it is a good or a bad thing?

Second, I have 2 black laced hens and 2 blue laced hens and a splash rooster. I am getting all blue chicks, not one splash from this combination. Some of the chicks hatch out yellow like a splash but feather in blue. I thought this anomaly was coming from my Foley hens, but these two yellow chicks are from my Blue poultry and Paul's Poultry hens, so it must be coming from my splash rooster. According to the breeder, this rooster is from a closed flock of BLRWs that were purchased from Greg Catt and are pure Lowell Barber lines. Is there a genetic explanation for what is going on?
idunno.gif

Quote:
I'm never going to be an expert....
Several of my blr hens have lacing on the outside of their tail (coverts). Especially the blacks.

Breeding spash x blue will give 50/50 odds of a splash or blue. The law of averages applies. I always viewed it as betting on a roulette wheel. The wheel has no memory of it's last spin. That being said, I honestly couldn't tell the fine line between a darker splash hen or a lighter blue even with looking under her petticoats.
idunno.gif
So, I made it easier on myself and didn't deal with the splashes anymore. LOL

anyone planning on going to the Western Wyandotte Nationals in Lincoln, NE? If so, I'm on the hunt for a silver penciled Wyandotte Cockerel and a Blue Laced Red cockerel for my girls.
smile.png

Hello All

My DD is making a poster for the fall PNWPA show.
She is making an info poster on Wyandottes and needs to have photo examples of a rose comb and pictures of the APA recognized colored wyandottes(both bantam and standard would be lovely).
We are asking for your permission to print the photos of your chickens,~ no plagerism here
She has a SL wyandotte~Lacey <who is gorgeous> that she will be showing.

WE need the pics ASAP as her poster should be done by the 14th of October 2011.

Thank you for your time

MW chickens and DD

87222_fi_and_lacey.jpg

Back
Top Bottom