I'm not sure what to do. Don't think baytril will help. I feel bad leaving her home. And I dont sleep when I listen to her breathe. But then I also worry she will be dead in the coop. Is it okay to put her back with her sisters and roos? Not sure what she would like. I know walking around in a pen aint fun. But dont know if anyone else would get it. So confused on what to do.
Mmaybe ill finish cleaning the coop tomorrow and put her back. Idk. Don't know if I want to sleep with her to listen to her breathe or just let her sleep in the nesting box. And I don't have the heart to put her down myself.

20190109_103619.jpg
I'm back at the beginning again. I dont know what to do. I'm told baytril wont help this far along. How in the world do you kill your best friend??? And why her? This is so unfair

View attachment 1637188
I'm back at the beginning again. I dont know what to do. I'm told baytril wont help this far along. How in the world do you kill your best friend??? And why her? This is so unfair
She keeps toppling forward. I think today might actually be her last.
I'm so very sorry:hugs
On your other thread you mention that she hasn't sat down in a day. So I'm assuming she has stayed pretty much in this stance for at least a day?

I know it's hard we do get attached to these sweet girls and I know you care for her.
There does come a time when we have to show them kindness and end their suffering. It's not fair to her or you for her to linger like this.

I feel horrible that there were all these lash eggs in there. I didnt know. I should have just put her down in the beginning. I thought the ascites was just it. I feel like a bad chicken mama. But she passed on a half hr. Later with her family. She died in my arms. I was too much of a coward to do it myself. Next time I just need to suck it up and put down the next one real fast. She was my little booger. The only thing that made me excited to come home to. Shed spread her wimgs out and run to me for hugs. She hated when I left. And now she left me.

Attachments

• 20190109_120347.jpg
    20190109_120347.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190109_120459.jpg
    20190109_120459.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190109_120708.jpg
    20190109_120708.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190109_121922.jpg
    20190109_121922.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 6
I feel horrible that there were all these lash eggs in there. I didnt know. I should have just put her down in the beginning. I thought the ascites was just it. I feel like a bad chicken mama. But she passed on a half hr. Later with her family. She died in my arms. I was too much of a coward to do it myself. Next time I just need to suck it up and put down the next one real fast. She was my little booger. The only thing that made me excited to come home to. Shed spread her wimgs out and run to me for hugs. She hated when I left. And now she left me.
I'm very sorry for your loss:hugs
I know you miss her, but it was good that you were able to take a look inside her after she was gone.
That is a lot of lash material, she would not have recovered from that no matter what you did.
Take comfort that she is no longer suffering and in pain.

I'm very sorry for your loss:hugs
I know you miss her, but it was good that you were able to take a look inside her after she was gone.
That is a lot of lash material, she would not have recovered from that no matter what you did.
Take comfort that she is no longer suffering and in pain.
I feel bad I let it go on that long. This morning was the first She really acted off badly. Up until now, she ran for treats and food. Also kept up with her sisters. I'm relieved that she's gone, but I wish I had the strength to cull her this morning instead of letting her go by herself. I was told that I'm not allowed to treat them as pets anymore, nor get emotionally attached. I'm not allowed to cry for a chicken anymore.

I feel bad I let it go on that long. This morning was the first She really acted off badly. Up until now, she ran for treats and food. Also kept up with her sisters. I'm relieved that she's gone, but I wish I had the strength to cull her this morning instead of letting her go by herself. I was told that I'm not allowed to treat them as pets anymore, nor get emotionally attached. I'm not allowed to cry for a chicken anymore.
:hugs
Chickens can be very stoic, even when sick they are good at hiding it.
You took care of her and did what you could. I know it's sad, take time to grieve for her loss, then carry on my dear. You have other chickens that need your attention.

Back
Top Bottom