Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Where's my eggs, I feed you so I want eggs, also heard alot in the last couple of days, get out of the rain you stupid chicken, get in your house madam, and don't jump up me you have wet feet lol

Where's my eggs, I feed you so I want eggs, also heard alot in the last couple of days, get out of the rain you stupid chicken, get in your house madam, and don't jump up me you have wet feet lol

This thread is greatness. For the last month our's has been: "Don't forget to turn the big lights on outside so the June bugs will come up! The babies will need their snack tomorrow."

Or

"Come help me catch the teenagers. They're in the goat pen again eating the poop."

"Belinda, have you laid your egg yet, or are you still looking for a good place?"
(Belinda is a Barred Rock and an outside chicken who comes inside the house every day to lay her egg. The first few times she wandered into the house, she laid her eggs on a table behind the working incubator. I discouraged that behavior when I found three eggs tucked back there. Then she started laying in the brooder bin where I raise chicks after they hatch in the incubator. I moved the chicks out into their grow-out coop and Belinda laid her egg in the bin before I emptied the shavings. Now the bin is empty, she's looking for a new spot.)

This thread is greatness. For the last month our's has been: "Don't forget to turn the big lights on outside so the June bugs will come up! The babies will need their snack tomorrow."

Or

"Come help me catch the teenagers. They're in the goat pen again eating the poop."
I can imagine an eavesdropper's face if they heard this one!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lol.png
Priceless!

Last edited:
Oh, and scolding the 4 laying girls on a 1 egg day: "This is COMPLETELY unacceptable behavior. I expect much more from you other three. You need to all consider today's actions and I trust that this conversation will not be necessary tomorrow." (All the while wagging the mom finger.)

Oh, and scolding the 4 laying girls on a 1 egg day: "This is COMPLETELY unacceptable behavior. I expect much more from you other three. You need to all consider today's actions and I trust that this conversation will not be necessary tomorrow." (All the while wagging the mom finger.)
Oh my gosh! I just snorted water out of my nose! (I'll have to try this with Maizee who hasn't been laying for 8 days! *looks pointedly at Maizee*)

Come here you, little cluckers! That may end up being her permanent name, her actual name is Lily Chicken, scared to death of me but loves my 7 year old. I assume because she was the one to take her to the brooder from the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom