Things you never said until you had chickens.......

"That egg is rough....... Think of having to push that out your butt...

Friends--"So why dont those eggs have chicks in them? Dont all of them?
Me--- "NO No nO No NO no No nO nooooooo... The Rooster is the boyy..... The hen is the girlllll....
old.gif
Now you see.. when and hen and a roo love eachother very muchh.."

Friend--"DONT ACT LIKE THATS A DUMB QUESTION!!!"

Me--"
lau.gif
"

...After a roo flogs me

My Mom: " So why is he in that small pen?"

Me: He's been bad.......

When you stick a young pullet in the same pen as a group of old hens.....

"NOOOOOOOO I DONT WANNA GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

Prepping a pullet before you stick her in the pen with the others....

"DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO SOLDIER?!!!!!!!!"

I love this one, My 6 week olds looked just like the chicken in the seatbelt when I put them in the growout pen with the others.

(hubby to me) You cannot have any clucking more hens! (Word for word...he's now using chicken speak instead of cussing LOL)

Al, get off Capone. He's a roo too. *turning to hubby* Can you have gay chickens?

Let's move this set to Alcatraz, this set to Fort Knox, and these guys can stay in The Big House since Crazy and Blacktail are in the sin bin right now. (We've named all the pens/sheds LOL Hubby, being a Brit, wants to add a Tower of London)

Last edited:
While on the phone with my husband who is out of town on a business trip

Me- I had to put Pippy(Pippy is his chicken) in the dog crate
DH- Why?
Me- Because she is writing chicken checks her a** can't cash and because of this the other chickens are taking feathers as payment.
DH- What are you saying Cherish?
Me- She is trying to be a bully and is not being successful at it.
DH- She must have chihuahua syndrome, you know where they think they are giant dogs with attitude.
Me-No she is just off her clucker.

***** another*******
Goldie (one of my Ameracaunas) Get out of the feeder you can not bathe in it! That's just rude!
Goldie looks up at me and proceeds to finish said bath.

Courage you are asking for trouble if you peck at her Nugget is huge and will sit on you.
Courage is my cowardly 6week old Ameracauna roo who likes to start trouble
Nugget is a cornish x that my 5 year old had to have because she was yellow and super fat when she was a chickiedoo I didn't want meaties but now we have nugget and that chicken thinks she has to sit on my lap like a dog, gets jealous if any other chicken is around me.

Had to tell my 5 year old that the chickens don't want to play with his plastic cowboys.

To my wife.."i'm only keeping him around because i need his sperm" ...about my mean blue ameraucana rooster..i've got olive egger fever and breeding is fun/addictive

Me talking to my Chicks as they scatter when the car starts..."Oh stop being such chickens!" "Hahahaha, OH yes, you girls ARE chickens" :)

Saying to my boyfriend at the end of the day, "I had to clean Uncle Si's butt again." (Uncle Si-one of my silkie chicks)

Saying to my son as the chickens are out foraging in the yard..."Come sit and watch for Hawks I have to run in the house."

HAHAHAHA! I can relate to most of these. The one I got the weirdest look about was when I told my husband "Hold on I have to check for pasty butt!" And anybody who will listen will hear me telling them how awesome my chickens are, and if you don't watch out I'll be bringing you my roo saying "Feel his wattles! Look how big and red they are!"

I agree!! 3 of us at work were having a conversation today (2 of us are chicken people-the other one NOT). After a few concerned/strange looks from the non-chicken participant of our conversation I looked at her and said, "Chickens are really cool...come on over to the Chicken side of life!!"

Back
Top Bottom