Things you never said until you had chickens.......

I was so excited to get eggs to hatch and SEE THEM! But, when my second one hatched, I realized she had no feathers on her neck and I texted the friend who gave the eggs to me (while she was at church) "I HAVE A NAKED NECK!" She replied back that it was the funniest text she ever received!
gig.gif

We talk about locking and unlocking kennels and cages so much that last night I said to my husband...i'm gonna go shower while u go lock up our daughter ..she said gosh mom I just wanna be kissed and tucked in...lol

I just gave my new chicken a bath (he was very dirty when I got him from his old owners) and said to my boyfriend:

"I'll put in a load of laundry while my chicken dries."

"Uh Mom? OW! She pooped on me, and I guess that freckle on my arm looked mighty tasty..OW! She pecked my freckle again!" From the days when the buffy girls were babies.

"Be careful, she might poop on ya." Is always followed by a startled looking guest asking, "Will it really?" Followed by me saying, "You bet she will." The guest then drops the hen they were holding.

"Will the chickens eat this?" and " SAVE THAT for the chickens" are now probably the most used household sayings in our home.. except I love you :)

"Why are the chickens in the tree house? "
" Why are there chickens in the bathtub?"

Green eggs and ham are a normal breakfast in our home!!!

Back
Top Bottom