This forum has been much different lately.

I agree.
This forum has changed in the one year I've been here. It used to be fun and informative, but now theres tons of misinformation and snowflakes getting offended over everything.
I feel like all the young kids that don't know much and get butthurt over everything are being catered to over the long time members with actual knowledge, who are the ones that make BYC so great.

And now I rarely post because of all of this. And if this continues to go in the same direction I know many others will slowly stop posting here too.

Then BYC will be left with a bunch of whiney kids that don't know anything, and all the knowable members will be gone.

Something needs to change, and I think y'all know where you can start.
So, I hope to see some improvement in the way this site is run. Until then, we'll taking a break from posting 🙄✋

Also, this might be more ranty and I'll delete if wanted, but I'm getting sick and tired of how most threads are closed now because someone doesn't like the topic and complains. I was in a great chat thread and people who had no business being there complained and got it shut down nor even 2 days later. And then when a thread was made asking for clarification about why it was closed and what part we weren't supposed to make again (the topic or a particular comment that may have been offensive), it was deleted without an answer
Not to mention rather off topic...or maybe exactly on topic, hijacking.

My biggest thing isn't the chatting. It's the one sided-ness of everything.

This is the internet. You are going to see all kinds of stuff you disagree with. I see stuff every single day I don't agree with. I very rarely cry to mods about it. It seems like today's "offense culture" has taken over here. Whenever someone sees something that offends them, they hit that report button and/or start a thread to whine about it. The report button should only be used for serious rule breaking. Not petty things that hurt your feelings or offend you. You see something you don't like? Move on. No need to waste mods time on it or nitpick about it.

I left social media for these reasons. Tired of all the fighting and offending, complaining, and whining. This is seriously starting to feel like Facebook.

It's a chicken forum. Let's keep it that way. I don't care what people talk about either. That's not what I mean. What I mean is this: you do you, but let me do me. You see something you don't like? I do too. I just don't whine or complain about it. You do the same. Just move on and chat with friends or help someone that could use it.... if you actually know what you're talking about that is.

My biggest thing isn't the chatting. It's the one sided-ness of everything.

This is the internet. You are going to see all kinds of stuff you disagree with. I see stuff every single day I don't agree with. I very rarely cry to mods about it. It seems like today's "offense culture" has taken over here. Whenever someone sees something that offends them, they hit that report button and/or start a thread to whine about it. The report button should only be used for serious rule breaking. Not petty things that hurt your feelings or offend you. You see something you don't like? Move on. No need to waste mods time on it or nitpick about it.

I left social media for these reasons. Tired of all the fighting and offending, complaining, and whining. This is seriously starting to feel like Facebook.

It's a chicken forum. Let's keep it that way. I don't care what people talk about either. That's not what I mean. What I mean is this: you do you, but let me do me. You see something you don't like? I do too. I just don't whine or complain about it. You do the same. Just move on and chat with friends or help someone that could use it.... if you actually know what you're talking about that is.
Exactly. Its become just like all the other social media sites.

Censorship on one side, people getting whatever they want if they whine about it, etc.

As my signature says, if you see something that offends you, scroll by. It's easy. No need to whine about it and get someone in trouble just because you don't like what they said.

Last edited:
Exactly. Its become just like FB, Twitter, Instagram, and all the other social media sites.

Censorship on one side, people getting whatever they want if they whine about it, etc.

As my signature says, if you see something that offends you, scroll by. It's easy. No need to whine about it and get someone in trouble just because you don't like what they said.

I agree. If you don't like a thread or message, just DON'T go on it, it's simple! No need to ruin it for everyone else.
For people going off topic, sometimes you don't realise it, but as soon as you start realising the REAL purpose of the thread, you can start a PM or a Random Ramblings thread

I get thread drift. I do. There are threads for various interests (baking, gardening, or your general locale for example) where people chat about those topics and life in general, and that's great. I love to "check in" on those threads and see what "my chicken friends," as DH calls them, are up to.

Ya wanna just chat about something? Make a thread in Random Ramblings (like this thread) and see who wants to talk about it.

Exactly.

I completely agree. It makes me so sad to see what BYC has become. :(
I know for a fact that there are quite a few underage kids on here, who start meaningless or controversial threads just to get attention. They've taken over all of the sections on here, and spread false information like wild fire.
I can't even hardly help anyone anymore because before I can reply to a thread, the OP has taken the advice of some kid who doesn't know what they're talking about.
I'm seriously considering leaving. I love BYC so much, and it used to be a safe place where people could forget what was going on in the world and just share their love for poultry. I have made so many special friends here. But I just can't take all of the arguing and constant reporting. Threads are getting locked right and left, and if some kid decides they don't like someone they follow them around and report every little thing. I just can't take it. I never have a problem with someone who doesn't fully agree with me. As long as they aren't pushing their opinions, and aren't being mean, I don't care. But this is just ridiculous.

I'm going to be taking a break for a while.

I don't answer if I don't know what I'm talking about, I stick to the random ramblings if i'm rambling, etc. I joined to ask questions about my flock, but for me this place has become a chat forum. I do keep my rambling in the appropriate places, though.
🙄🤚

Back
Top Bottom