This is year already off to a bad start . ** UPDATE **

I'm a strong believer in "Everything happens for a reason". If that's the biggest problem that you have then you're doing pretty good. Keep your head up, you just might have something really great coming your way.
hugs.gif

The news just keeps getting worse - DH said the only way we are going to be able to make things work is the flock has to go !! right now we just wont have the money to take care of them - he says we will get more later after " everything settles "
So no new babies this spring , no eggs for the bator, no new coop and run. I am not selling the coop we already have built just after everyone is gone give it a good cleaning and wait till we can get some more and start all over.
The ducks already have a home lined up - they are going to our local zoo where there is a HUGE duck pond and lots of other ducks to hang out with plus lots of people to give them treats and attetion (plus we can go visit them it will cost us a dollar to get in but at least we can still see them LOL )

I am so depressed right now all I want to do is cry
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

and a few of the girls just started to lay
barnie.gif

Julie

I know losing a job can cause panic but first sit back a figure things out.

First you need to write down your monthly bills, gas money and food expenses. Figure out how much you need to survive every month.

Cut out going out to eat, going to the movies, beer on the weekends. Cut out cable and other "unneeded" expenses.

I have been in your position a couple of times. Are you working? If not, go out and try to find a part timer or a full time job if needed.

I doubt getting rid of a couple of birds would save you much. I have 24 chickens and they cost me about $20 a month. Sell those eggs...make them pay for their own feed.

You'll figure it all out. Don't get stressed.

Great advice, Southern28!
Panicking is normal, but once you sit down and crunch the numbers, you will find that stuff like the internet and cable, beer and ready made foods will cost more then the feed and is easily done without for a while. (just as examples).

Stay strong! You will get through it!

Quote:
I agree! I lost my job last year in June and have been unemployed since.

I was unhappy at it yet, I was too afraid to quit. Even though I was unhappy because, it was - A JOB.

So, the universe found a way.
cool.png

It's funny how things happen, huh? You are right...things DO happen for a reason.

I am collecting unemployment so money is not an issue. I know the job will present itself as long as I am doing the footwork. So, I do the footwork and hope for the best.
wink.png

I am sorry to hear what happened and good luck with something better coming along...

Once I was complaining to a friend about what bad luck I was having even though I was doing things *right* and I was "just waiting for the other door to open..."
roll.png

So, he says to me, "when a door closes another one DOES open...BUT, while you're waiting, decorate the (expletive) walls!"
gig.gif

Then it hit me *just have faith, stay positive and trust the process!*
big_smile.png

Peace-

Pedro

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom