This Kid Loves School

Have you ever considered that his mom just came from night shift,was a little under the weather like many of us are and just crashed at this point. We dont know the background so we should not judge.

Yep, I considered the night shift thing... still, the kid is 6 years old. 6 Where's his dad? Or a friend... relative... neighbor? Anyone who could be trusted to make sure a 6 year old gets safely on his bus. Point is, the kid tried to drive a car, so obviously he wasn't being supervised by an adult or older child. At 6 years old. Mind boggling.

Quote:
At work already ? or sleeping too? My DH was out the house this morning without waking anyone up. It might have been a extreme situation and the poor kid thought he didnt want to bother nobody. Now i know why i have a switch to lock the arage from the house and a alarm system.
I bet his mom will have more than one alarm clock now.

Its something more than just "mom was possibly working night shift" because on the news CPS took BOTH of her kids away for reasons they would not disclose....

idunno.gif
I dunno...

In my experience, CPS would not remove the children and arrest the mom and hold her without bond for 'simple' failure to supervise, even under these circumstances. My guess, given the state of our country atm, would be drug use (like meth or something) coupled with physical abuse and neglect. Notice how the news said the kid didn't want to miss breakfast? Quite probably one of the only two meals he could expect that day.

Either way, while we might find out more information about the criminal charges against mom later, nothing more will be said about why the kids were removed. Dependency court proceedings are even more private than juvenile court proceedings.

Sarah

Quote:
No one should judge this at all. It is a stupid kid trick and if you have kids you KNOW they do things right in front of us that we dont see!!! I used live in a town of about 45 people and yeah, my 5 year old was at the bus stop in the mornings. He is just fine now and yeah he would have done something like that too thinking he may get in trouble if he isn't in class.

Kids do all kinds of things we parents have no control over whatsoever, and sometimes it's downright embarassing, but it happens. Kids are a phemonenon..... WELCOME TO PARENTHOOD!
lol.png

ETA: this was about agreeing with you Connie.....

Last edited:
Quote:
No one should judge this at all. It is a stupid kid trick and if you have kids you KNOW they do things right in front of us that we dont see!!! I used live in a town of about 45 people and yeah, my 5 year old was at the bus stop in the mornings. He is just fine now and yeah he would have done something like that too thinking he may get in trouble if he isn't in class.

Kids do all kinds of things we parents have no control over whatsoever, and sometimes it's downright embarassing, but it happens. Kids are a phemonenon..... WELCOME TO PARENTHOOD!
lol.png

ETA: this was about agreeing with you Connie.....

Reminds of a story my DH told me. He was with his now ex , but then wife and his kids on the way to Ohio. All the windows in the car were open,he flung a cigarette bar out the window. A minute later he noticed a little red light in the back seat. It was Shirley (5 then) and Bionka (4then) passing the butt that flew back in through the window.

Connie that is so funny!!!! Parents all KNOW that kids do things just to make us look stupid!!!! I cannot tell you the antics my son did, too many to mention. One that bears repeating though is me on the phone in the same room as him and he took the drawer out of the fridge FULL of peaches and proceeded to eat every last one of them. BAD MOMMY!

sad.png
Poor little kid. Dang my son is 9 and I still drag my lazy self out of bed every morning to make sure he's eaten, dressed, got all his stuff and then I drive him if its too cold to walk.

Back
Top Bottom