Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

CG, the size difference could be many things. The buff could have been one of the first in her group to hatch and the SB Pom could have been one of the last. The Buff could have come from a larger egg too, or larger breeding stock. Weights on hatchery sites are averages of adult flocks so there can be some difference in individuals.
Very very cute! Glad they arrived A-Ok.

grandpa swears they arent day olds.
hes trying to tell me the chicks have wing feathers and they don't

grandpa swears they arent day olds.
hes trying to tell me the chicks have wing feathers and they don't

Mine had wing feathers.
idunno.gif
Production breeds grow and feather in pretty quick, my leghorns had wing primaries by a day or 2 too.

Itty bitty box, and they had that straw stuff taking one side up so not even the whole box. I did too, but I guess squishing them together makes sense, keeps them from getting cold.

yea thats exactly how my box was.
the bedding is actually kind of kool. i may keep some of the stuff that is clean and put it in one of the nest boxes

Getting hot early this year. Have to go open ai does in the brooder house today. Darn middle 80's and humid. Had to flip the AC on for the second floor, third has the exhaust fan running and the first has all the wi does open. Seems so darn odd. :lol:

Iain, can't wait for that to be in your hands. Offer still stands if you get good results we will resend a new box. Won't stand for poor hatches when a box goes MIA like that. Think we will be borrowing your DH's brooder style for the new ones we need to set up for the goslings. Want to keep the breeds seperate.

SM, going to put together your box today and start padding it. Hubby says he will run it to the PO on Saturday for me if we have everything packed and ready to go. No Mandie eggs yet, if we get any I will toss them in too for you.

Just ordered a butt load of new ID bands (legs) for sorting the geese. Need to get the wing bands ordered. They are the best way to track the hatchlings and what parents they came from.

Back
Top Bottom